Board logo

propshaft trouble
johny p - 26/2/11 at 10:45 PM

hi all. could anyone recommend anywhere i could have my locost 919 fireblade repaired. the propshaft has ripped away at the front uj and taken out the water pump and gear linkage its a right mess. i have heard ab performance is good. can anyone help? thanks

Dangle_kt - 26/2/11 at 11:09 PM

AB performance are very good.

Where do you live, and can you not fix it yourself?

Everyone ok after the incident? Didn;t come through the tunnel wall I take it?

norfolkluego - 26/2/11 at 11:10 PM

Put your location on, it would help everyone to make suggestions

RichardK - 26/2/11 at 11:11 PM

Sorry to hear that mate, where in the world are you, may help us suggest somewhere. I take it you are ok and it didn't come through the tunnel skin? Maybe install a prop catcher as well while in for repairs?

Cheers

Rich

johny p - 26/2/11 at 11:18 PM

hi yeah im new to the site and to the bec bug ha. was on the way to the petrol station when it went, heard a knocking noise then bang. was only going slow so thankfully i walked away unscathed. im in the north west area. thanks for your help so far .

norfolkluego - 26/2/11 at 11:34 PM

Welcome, you've just joined THE best site on t'internet. If you get a minute post up a few piccies you'll get plenty of suggestions about the best thing to do (we also like pictures )

johny p - 26/2/11 at 11:39 PM

yeah mate will be posting some pics of my pride and joy tomorow. just so glad it didnt go when i was giving it some stick. think a call to andy at ab performance on monday is on the cards,

Dangle_kt - 26/2/11 at 11:51 PM

he isn't local.

If I've understood you will need:

propshaft repair (new UJ and maybe front section and prop adapter)

water pump, water pump gasket

gear change (maybe time to make the move to paddle shift?)

How long did the engine run for with no coolant? Not long I'd guess.

If you post pictures then we can have a proper look, if the prop angle really is daft then we can let you know so you can look to get a new engine cradle (and exhaust headers??? - hopefully not £££)

Just be pleased you still have your left shin. It could have been nasty.

johny p - 27/2/11 at 12:02 AM

i will post pics up tomo of it. its ripped the water pump off straight out the block so lookin like new engine. is there anywhere closer you know of i live in st.helens merseyside. and yeah paddle shift defo!

norfolkluego - 27/2/11 at 01:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by johny p
its ripped the water pump off straight out the block so lookin like new engine

Bloody hell, you did it properly then

RichardK - 27/2/11 at 11:03 AM

If you need a new engine, speak to malc at yorkshire engines, should be able to help, yorkshire engines is malc username on here fyi.

Cheers

Rich

johny p - 27/2/11 at 11:16 AM

thanks for your help mate. ill have a look now