Board logo

Some B****rd has nicked my brand new trailer!
Lightning - 7/3/11 at 10:10 AM

It was in a fenced off compound outside my office in Totnes, Devon. The fence has barbed wire at the top and security lights. They cut off the padlock and took the trailer.
I hadn't even had chance to use it yet

Twin axled trailer Woodford trailers model LW091

serial number 256008

keep an eye out chaps.......Thanks

edsco - 7/3/11 at 10:31 AM

From one Spire owner to another....i'm feeling your pain...
Hope you find it in one piece.

Yazza54 - 7/3/11 at 10:40 AM

******* pikey scum

Keep the language under control please -ChrisW

[Edited on 3/7/2011 by ChrisW]

owelly - 7/3/11 at 10:48 AM

I'll keep my eye on the forums I frequent. Lets hope you/we find the twats before the police do.

David Jenkins - 7/3/11 at 11:03 AM

Probably been used to nick something else in the neighbourhood...

MakeEverything - 7/3/11 at 11:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

Hopefully not a Spire GTR.

nick205 - 7/3/11 at 11:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

Far too true unfortunately

My dad had a Transit stolen a couple of years ago. The police said the local fire service engineering works had been broekn into the same night and had a set of hydraulic shears and generator stolen. They were waiting to see what was going to be cut open and removed with a Transit

welderman - 7/3/11 at 12:11 PM

Feel for you, i would be lost if someone stole my trailer.

We had a break in at work where i leave my trailer, they stole everything that was stainless, left all the power tools and left my twin axle trailer .

So some of them aint so clever.

Mr Whippy - 7/3/11 at 12:37 PM

dito some twat stole my old trailer too, pity it was ready to fall apart but did save me scrapping it

Even when using the new one it is chained to the car with huge welded on lifting eyes to both the hitch and the towbar as you can't trust anyone

prawnabie - 7/3/11 at 12:57 PM

We have come in to work this morning to find 7 brand new master van ambulances missing their cat converters!

Only thing is they double up as a particle filter and with the varous temp/pressure sensors that were fitted to them they come to 2245+vat each!!

Doctor Derek Doctors - 7/3/11 at 01:01 PM

"I bleeping hate pikeys"

Never has a more true word been uttered in film.

I am scared to death about my garage being broken into, my tools and my race car are the only things I own of value, my dad lost all of his tools to a oikey break-in a few years ago, nearly destroyed his business.

Luckily my grandparents live there so someone is there nearly all the time.

Sorry to hear about your trailer mate, was it insured in any way?

adithorp - 7/3/11 at 01:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie
We have come in to work this morning to find 7 brand new master van ambulances missing their cat converters!

Only thing is they double up as a particle filter and with the varous temp/pressure sensors that were fitted to them they come to 2245+vat each!!

Firm next door came in with thier Boxer van "The exhaust seems to be blowing". Went underneath and the cat was missing. Taken from thier yard and on CCTV it's 4min' from coming over the wall to leaving... but he's only under the van for 90 seconds! It took me longer than that to get under.

[Edited on 7/3/11 by adithorp]

nick205 - 7/3/11 at 01:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
quote:

Firm next door came in with thier Boxer van "The exhaust seems to be blowing". Went underneath and the cat was missing. Taken from thier yard and on CCTV it's 4min' from coming over the wall to leaving... but he's only under the van for 90 seconds! It took me longer than that to get under.

Cordless angle grinder?

Minicooper - 7/3/11 at 02:54 PM

As well as pikeys, the people that process the stuff, the scrap metal people should be put out of business. You would only need half a brain to see who was regularly bringing in manhole covers, drains, industrial copper wire, cat converters and the like to realise they were nicking the stuff

Nowt to do with the trailer but I'm off on one now!

David

[Edited on 7/3/11 by Minicooper]

adithorp - 7/3/11 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
quote:

Cordless angle grinder?

No, the cuts were too clean and square. Looked like a chain pipe cutter mark.