Board logo

Buying a single ht lead?
chrisxr2 - 4/4/11 at 07:46 PM

is it possible to buy a single ht lead?? The lead from my coil to the dizzy has one of these on, which i think may be not helping with my misfire issues,

SPITFIRE MULTISPARK IGNITION IMPROVER FOR FORD USA on eBay (end time 19-Apr-11 09:30:46 BST)

the standard lead is just slighlt to short, anyone ever been to partco or similar and bough a single lead to size?? Does the legth make any big difference to the coil dizzy??

Daddylonglegs - 4/4/11 at 07:59 PM

Not sure, but I might have a spare lead somewhere. I can have a look and measure it for you if that will help?

John

nick205 - 4/4/11 at 08:11 PM

I'd suggest getting one made to length - sure Premier Wiring or similar would have the parts and tools to do it for you.

Probably as cost effective and reliable to buy a full set though I'd have thought?

Chippy - 4/4/11 at 08:13 PM

Scrap Yard, any length, any model, and best of all locost, :-) Ray

chrisxr2 - 4/4/11 at 08:23 PM

daddylonglegs, thats very kind of you, nick 205 i bought a full set but the dizzy to coil lead is about 2cm short of being a good fit because of where the coil is, Willl try partco if not then the scrappy as long as length is not an issue, thanks all.

SteveWalker - 4/4/11 at 09:41 PM

I don't know if it's still the same, but Halfords used to sell some individual leads.

Mr Whippy - 4/4/11 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
I don't know if it's still the same, but Halfords used to sell some individual leads.

yeah I think they still do in my store

chrisxr2 - 5/4/11 at 10:29 AM

no luck at halfords or partco. Only want coil to dizzy lead to take the stupid splitfire out the equation

adithorp - 5/4/11 at 12:05 PM

The resistance increases with length in carbon core HT leads About 5, but a few inches doesn't matter too much. You just want them to be a short as possible without pulling or tight bends.

chrisxr2 - 5/4/11 at 04:29 PM

No luck at srapyard, but found a set suitable as spares for my ht leads with a longer coil lead at halfords for a tenner due to one lead missing so relatively pleased with myself.