Board logo

a few questions...
j3w3ll3r - 11/4/11 at 07:22 PM

Hi chaps,

After removing what appears to be a Caterham wet sump atatched to my 2ltr vauxhall (c20xe) powered westfield, i'm just curious to find out as much as possible about any other bits it may have, as we don't have the full details of the build.

We have a fair few bit's listed now, but don't know if anything has been done to the engine internals, or what gearbox/diff it may have? I've atatched some pics that i took whilst the sump was off (we noticed it was foam filled as well which was a pain as had to order the parts from caterham) - i'm not too sure if anything can be told from them?.

http://tripkings.co.uk/westie2/

Pictures 1-9 looking up into the engine with sump removed - no idea what any of the bits are...

Picture 13,19,20,21 - found this odd cable tucked away with a two connectors held together badly with a junction box!.

Picture 24 & 25 - Couldn't get the camera to focus properly but at the back of the engine has a big "BHR" stamp accross it? (i think this is the Bell housing)

Picture 26 & 27 - Rear differential - from what i wonder?

Last two pictures of the brakes - no idea what pads to put in them - is there a reference to look for?

Many thanks in advance.

perksy - 11/4/11 at 07:45 PM

You probably already know that the foam can break up in the sump and cause alot of problems ?

Its got ARP Rod bolts fitted

[Edited on 11/4/11 by perksy]

j3w3ll3r - 11/4/11 at 08:01 PM

Cheers, we just changed the foam for that reason, that's what promoted the questions about the sump

AdrianH - 11/4/11 at 08:08 PM

The round cable thing, looks to me like the cap for the type 9 reverse switch mounted on the side of the gearbox, the connector will be to patch it into the vehicle loom I guess.

BHR I am wondering if this is a Blackhaloracing bellhousing to convert from Vauxhall engine to type 9?

Added the wilwood caliper looks similar to these in Rally Design
http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=45&products_id=8310

But could be one of the earlier versions. I can not see the numbers stamped on them but give RD a call and see if they can help.

Another add.

The dif looks like Sierra style diff with lobro shafts, a bit too close in the picture to tell but have a look at SIERRA DIFF 4X4 REAR LSD | eBay UK

As an example, could be LSD or non lsd, but I would suggest if modified to race it will be LSD

Adrian

[Edited on 11-4-11 by AdrianH]

deezee - 11/4/11 at 08:23 PM

The calipers look like an old pair of Dynalite 4 Pots. The differential seems like a Ford Sierra. The 2 hole connector is the reverse switch off a Type 9 Gearbox.

Edit- Sorry not a reverse switch, but a plug for the switch.

[Edited on 11/4/11 by deezee]

j3w3ll3r - 11/4/11 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AdrianH
The round cable thing, looks to me like the cap for the type 9 reverse switch mounted on the side of the gearbox, the connector will be to patch it into the vehicle loom I guess.

BHR I am wondering if this is a Blackhaloracing bellhousing to convert from Vauxhall engine to type 9?

Added the wilwood caliper looks similar to these in Rally Design
http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=45&products_id=8310

But could be one of the earlier versions. I can not see the numbers stamped on them but give RD a call and see if they can help.

Another add.

The dif looks like Sierra style diff with lobro shafts, a bit too close in the picture to tell but have a look at SIERRA DIFF 4X4 REAR LSD | eBay UK

As an example, could be LSD or non lsd, but I would suggest if modified to race it will be LSD

Adrian

[Edited on 11-4-11 by AdrianH]

It is defo LSD

mookaloid - 11/4/11 at 08:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by j3w3ll3r

It is defo LSD

how do you know?

j3w3ll3r - 11/4/11 at 08:42 PM

Because the bloke i bought it off told me, and he seemd a very nice man