Board logo

Damage Repaired - Well sort off!!
Krismc - 28/4/11 at 05:29 PM

You may have seen the post a while back when a box fell out of my loft in the garage and caused a bit of damage too my tunnel, which was reported as unrepairable by a few off you, it doesnt look that bad but every one has spotted it as its a hole right through!! -

Well the other day while machine polishing the car (dont worry it wont happen again it took 4hrs) i decided that if i cant repair it ill hide it- GREAT SOLUTION

BEFORE

AFTER

Yes theres 5 other cracks and marks caused by the same bloomen box, but they are less noticable now

[Edited on 28/4/11 by Krismc]

Krismc - 28/4/11 at 05:33 PM

And a pic of the car with shine ....Sort of

mad-butcher - 28/4/11 at 07:23 PM

Don't know why, but I have a gut feeling about chassis number on public display, maybe I've reached that untrusting age.
good solution though

SteveWalker - 28/4/11 at 07:43 PM

All the tin-tops I've had in the past 15 years have had it on a plate in the windscreen.

lotusmadandy - 29/4/11 at 10:37 AM

I like it,where did you get that made??

Andy

blakep82 - 29/4/11 at 11:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mad-butcher
Don't know why, but I have a gut feeling about chassis number on public display, maybe I've reached that untrusting age.
good solution though

cars all have them in the corner of the windscreen! next you'll be worried about showing your reg number on a public highway

i like it. better than just 'a sticker'

[Edited on 29/4/11 by blakep82]

stevegough - 29/4/11 at 11:17 AM

"Yes theres 5 other cracks and marks caused by the same bloomen box, but they are less noticable now"

Doesn't matter - the label draws the eye - YOU see them because you know they are there - no-one else will.

Great solution. Great result.

(You could also have put a dummy gear transfer box lever - 2WD / 4WD - that would have been even more cool!)

Krismc - 29/4/11 at 01:51 PM

My mates, mate made it, 3 off £20 covered the stamped ones on chassis too.