Board logo

Still not finished.... Garage
b14wrc - 25/5/11 at 09:01 PM

Just a quick update....

The doors need the frames painting and a second coat of stain. Like the cedar red.

Got 25mm polystyrene insulation and started the batterns on the Walls. Weekend I am going to replace the wood over the top of the main doors, that's going to be red too.

Cheers, Rob

myke pocock - 25/5/11 at 09:14 PM

FEK!!! Ime colour blind but are those doors R E D or what???

spiderman - 25/5/11 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock
FEK!!! Ime colour blind but are those doors R E D or what???

Yes your colour blind or you need to adjust the viewing angle of your screen, they look like cedar to me and I take colour blindness tests being an electronics tech. Suggest you see an option.

rb968 - 25/5/11 at 10:03 PM

Hey Rob, good to see another builder in the area. Just had and failed my IVA yesterday. Garage looks good. I'm buiding/fixing in Barrow but live in Ulverston. Once I'm on the road give us a wave!

White MK Indy.

Rich

b14wrc - 25/5/11 at 10:19 PM

Hi Rich, yes, cool to know there is a local locoster near me. I would be very interested in seeing your car some time.

Let me know.

Sorry to hear your car failed, must have been gutting. Where did you take it? What was wrong with it??

What do you think of my project so far? Any pointers or ideas much apriciated. Really need garage finishing before the build can start, reckon the mock up has gone as far as it needs really. CAD drawings nearly complete. Just need lots of cash now! Better start saving.....

Rob

rb968 - 25/5/11 at 11:06 PM

All the gory details are here....Linky

IVA at Carlisle.

Once I get it on the road I will pop round. Will let you know.

Mid engined sounds interesting. Is it your own chassis then or based on something else? I had an Audi A4 with the 150bhp 20v 1.8t engine. Often thought it would go like stink in a kit car.

Good luck with it. A decent warm garage will help keep you motivated. Stopping dampness over the winter would be useful too. Mine suffered with that a bit.

Edited: Ah should have looked in your photo archive first ! half a Fiat coupe should have given it away

Rich

[Edited on 26/5/11 by rb968]

b14wrc - 26/5/11 at 11:37 AM

Hi Rich,

Thanks, yes the chassis is my own design, although it is based on the locost book - i have changed pretty much each tube, the design started off as masking tape on my kitchen floor and slowly evolved into the mock up. Hoping it should be rapid as hell with that 20v turbo in it - i know its heavier than a lot of other units, but with a rebuild and some light tuning i should be making a good power to weight, and oh yer, the sound of a 5 cylinder turbo..... yes please!

Look forward to meeting you and your car. Just read through your IVA thread over lunch, hope you pass next time.

Cheers, Rob

coozer - 26/5/11 at 11:59 AM

These things are never finished, in no time at all it won't be big enough.

I'm busy adding a 5m extension to my 12m garage!