Board logo

It's slowly coming together....
02GF74 - 28/5/11 at 04:04 PM

..... spent today re-assembling my car - steering fitted, carbs fitted and plumbed in, scuttle back on, alternator fitted and wired. ..... but a couple of smalll probs .... indicators not flashing and lower hose to radiator leaks; tightened it up and still leaks .... bit worring that; fingers crossed it is not faulty radiator.

battery on charge......................

02GF74 - 29/5/11 at 07:06 AM

and a picture to prove it.

well, some progress, hose no longer leaks, most strange as it is fancy silicone jobby and clamp has to be quite close to the bulge in the pipe and done up rather tight, hmmmmm.

just the indicators/hazards and reverse light to sort out .... ..... laters, can't be asked to grovel round it today ...

[Edited on 29/5/11 by 02GF74]

Xtreme Kermit - 29/5/11 at 09:48 AM

Krismc - 30/5/11 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
and a picture to prove it.

yip, that does prove your battery is on charge

40inches - 30/5/11 at 08:25 PM

That looks very Nice attention to detail.
Re the hoses, I assume you are using Mikalor type clamps? Worm drive are really not that suitable for Silicon hoses.

02GF74 - 31/5/11 at 03:59 PM

attentikon to detail??? I even bought the Halfords pink anti-freeze to be colour coordinated inbstead of the blue.

'fraid I am using stainless steel clips, not theporper hose clamps. Had the eninge idling up to temp and all is holding for the time being ... I am considering getting the proper hose clamps though .....