Board logo

Ready to Race
phelpsa - 31/5/11 at 09:51 PM

After 8 months in pieces (having previously spent just 3 months together!) my Locost is race ready!

Off to Llandow in the morning for a days testing, then a sprint at Pembrey on the weekend Will try to keep the thread updated with how things go!

StevieB - 31/5/11 at 10:02 PM

Good luck with it - I wish I had the space to build a hillclimber!

eddie99 - 31/5/11 at 10:23 PM

Looks good, all i say is get it circuit racing with the 750MC Allcomers and RGB??

phelpsa - 2/6/11 at 08:23 AM

What a brilliant days testing! Turned up about half 9, got the car unloaded, signed on etc and went straight out on track. The first few things I noticed were:

1) Brake bias waaaaaay too far to the rear
2) Steering column not secure (adjustment mechanism adjusting itself under braking!
3) Gripping on the turn in but not reacting particularly quickly
4) Quite oversteery !

Over the day I managed to get the brake balance pretty much right (might be a bit far forward but it's difficult to tell), get the anti-roll bar set around where it needs to be in the dry and get the dampers in the right ball park adjustment wise with some advice from Simon at 7tips who happened to be there teaching a Caterham owner.

Overall a very successful day, until the end cap came off the exhaust on the final lap of my final run!

There is some video as well but havent managed to sort it out yet

maffa - 7/6/11 at 05:14 AM

very nice

HowardB - 7/6/11 at 06:03 AM

that sounds like great fun!