Board logo

where to get dulux paint from cheaply?
mads - 3/6/11 at 07:16 PM

hey up all,
parents are wanting to paint one of the rooms at their house with a background colour and an accent colour. however, the colours chosen are those by dulux which are made up in-store rather than off-the-shelf. anyone know the cheapest place to get these made up? they need at least 10 litres of the accent one and around 25 litres of the background which works out quite pricey. and do they usually need 2 coats applying or is one sufficient?

cheers,

mads

McLannahan - 3/6/11 at 07:52 PM

Bonjour Mads - I have some made up in B and Q last month. It was a special Dulux order colour for the kitchen. The sample tester pot cost 3.50 I think but this was taken off the paint when we had it made up. The paint (I had a 10litre can made up) had 20% off too. Worked out cheaper than the off the shelf B&Q branded stuff.

I calculated on two or three coats but it was brilliant paint. Really nice and thick, brush marks nearly invisible, roller finish even better. I now struggle to see the differences between brush finish and roller. In the end most of the room has been done in one coat and it's a great finish. Never bought decent branded paint before and I'll not go back now. Not only do I still have 1/2 a can left, finish is excellent and it worked out cheaper than off the shelf!

It was a special offer but one I think they do quite often?

MikeR - 3/6/11 at 08:57 PM

try looking up a dulux trade centre.

mark chandler - 3/6/11 at 09:10 PM

Focus are flogging paint 25% off at present as they close down

skodaman - 3/6/11 at 10:40 PM

Hi Mads,
Better with two coats. Might get away with one. Cheap paint isn't worth it and I've used lots cos I've got flats. It just takes more coats to cover.
PS. Learn to weld young man, learn to weld.