Board logo

were can i get clear fiberglass resin from ?
steve m - 14/8/11 at 09:30 PM

i need to repair my wifes caravan, as i , yes me! have dinged the front panel on next doors fence.
The panel is not badly damaged (shame i hear you all cry) but does need a fiberglass resin /top coat skim, and polish

My idea was to mix some clear resin with a cream humbrol paint of similar colour to fill the damaged area

And yes she does know! but its currently 1-1 as she has spilt beetroot on the green carpet, and that does not look as though it
will come out

Steve

RichardK - 14/8/11 at 09:48 PM

Maybe something like this?

Linky

Cheers

Rich

watsonpj - 14/8/11 at 09:58 PM

Why not use lactate gelcoat filler I have in the past and it's pretty good and you can add pigment and polishes up to a gloss.

Linky

Pete

mark chandler - 14/8/11 at 10:03 PM

Halfords sell little cans of resin and hardner

Madinventions - 14/8/11 at 10:20 PM

East Cost Fibreglass Supplies will have what you need. Oh, and use the correct resin pigments otherwise it'll probably never set properly and look awful.

Ed.

Chippy - 14/8/11 at 10:27 PM

Most, if not all, Boat Chandlers do small tubes of gelcoat repair in a tube, you can get various colours, and I know that you can get cream. HTH Ray

jossey - 15/8/11 at 07:54 AM

east coast fibre glass near newcastle. they deliver too.

steve m - 15/8/11 at 08:54 AM

Thanks Guys,

Looks like a repair will be done soon !

regards

steve

b14wrc - 24/8/11 at 11:23 AM

I use East Coast Fibreglass - very helpful company.

BenB - 24/8/11 at 11:28 AM

Sounds like a job for some flowcoat and pigment mix. If you use gelcoat it only sets in the absense of air whereas flowcoat will set nicely as a "top" surface.