Board logo

Too close for comfort
RichardK - 24/8/11 at 01:52 PM

Some of you will know that we're off to Oz shortly (Oct 19th) We've had the packers in for a couple of days and our container was organised for today at 12:00, however didn't actually get permission from the Australian Import dept until 03:30 this morning!

Kind of resigned myself to having to sell the bruise but now well chuffed!

Here are some pictures as well as the exhaust guard I had to put on to cover the new cat I also had to put on, seems strange to think that the next time I see it will be in Oz!

Cheers gang

Rich
Front Side
Front Side

Exhaust Plate
Exhaust Plate

Rear
Rear

In
In

In1
In1

In3
In3

Daddylonglegs - 24/8/11 at 02:00 PM

Close indeed!!

Hope it all goes well for the move mate. Make sure you keep us all informed of how things are going.

JB

mookaloid - 24/8/11 at 02:22 PM

That looks really odd without the roll bar on - I'd got used to it looking as it was and now it looks er ....flat

Cheers

Mark

karlak - 24/8/11 at 02:37 PM

Good Luck with the move Rich,

I am sure the car will be fantastic over there

Guinness - 24/8/11 at 02:48 PM

Good luck Rich!!

Can't wait to see the Bruise with a rope wrapped around a set of Roo bars, a snorkle and some jerry cans on the side!

designer - 24/8/11 at 02:53 PM

How did they get it into the container?

ashg - 24/8/11 at 03:02 PM

put it on the tail lift of the moving van raise it up to the same height as the container lorry then just roll it over. SIMPLES

designer - 24/8/11 at 03:16 PM

That ain't got a tail lift!

RichardK - 24/8/11 at 03:19 PM

The movers van had some nice long ramps so it was up onto that lorry, then that one raises up and down to match the container and then it was just a case of pushing it from one to the other.

Was told to take the roll bar off then told I could leave it on!!! Never mind it's on its way!!!

Cheers for the kind comments gang.

R

[Edited on 24/8/11 by RichardK]

spiderman - 24/8/11 at 06:53 PM

Hi Rich,
I am hoping to get down to NZ in about 12 months and want to take my GT6 and the locost in a 20 foot container (going to make a frame to stack one on top of the other). I was wondering which transport company you used and what sort of costs for transporting the 20 foot container to Oz? Also what sort of permission did you require from the Austrailian Import Dept.
Best of luck to you and your family in Oz and I hope all goes well with the move and new lifstyle in the Southern hemisphere, I am envious but at least it will spur me on to get myself down there too.

All the best.
Spider.

RichardK - 24/8/11 at 08:20 PM

Spider email sent.

Confused but excited. - 24/8/11 at 08:38 PM

All the best to you and yours in your adventure.
Say Hi to our Charles when you get there.