Board logo

A major milestone
franky - 26/8/11 at 07:57 AM

I've hit a major mile stone.......

1000miles done

I've been quite lucky so for with zero brake downs, I guess this is just a matter of time though. At what point do you judge a car to be reliable?

I feel like i'm getting to understand the car more now, since the full setup and putting more miles on it I can feel how little tweaks to the suspension/toe etc affect the car(to a certain degree!). I've settled at zero toe on the front as a good balance of stability on bumpy roads and 'pointyness'.

The engine seems to be happy as its not showing any fault codes, the only thing to sort out is a connection to one of my fuel pumps as it seems a little intermittent. Its easy to tell when it looses its power as it suffers from fuel surge when it gets down to 10ltrs, this should only be 10 minutes work.

Its nice that the car isn't dominated by the engine at all. It is quite silly though.

Fuel use stands at 30mpg when commuting and having 'fun'. 37mpg when on the motorway or a long drive. Not bad for a 3.2ltr engine.

Some driver training on track is next on my list when cash permits.

How much longer do we have left of the summer........

Xtreme Kermit - 26/8/11 at 02:00 PM

Summer! LOL... It's been raining pretty much all day here

But congrats on 1000 trouble free miles - time for a nut and bolt check?

franky - 26/8/11 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Xtreme Kermit
Summer! LOL... It's been raining pretty much all day here

But congrats on 1000 trouble free miles - time for a nut and bolt check?

Same here

I did one at 250miles and 750, however I guess you can't do too many!!

Xtreme Kermit - 26/8/11 at 04:06 PM

and I'm dead jealous of your mpg...

My boat anchor gets a pretty reliable 20mpg... I really do get to pull my finger out and get the megajolt project moving.

franky - 27/8/11 at 06:35 AM

Not as happy as me, I've a 90ish mile round trip to the office, with current fuel prices I couldn't really afford to use the car to do it at 20mpg when my daily shed does 58mpg