Board logo

Some one neare Nantwich cheshire clued up on megasquirt
monck - 19/11/11 at 04:26 PM

Hi there, im looking for Someone to help me (im hopeless with electrics)

My car was a 1800 zetec on 40 webbers when i got it and now the summer is over im changing to a new 2.0 blacktop on injection (bike tb's and megasquirt 2 v3)

I have started to remove the mega-jolt, witch i thought was a stand alone bit of wiring and i could easily unplug and remove but it links into a loom that plugs into a connection going into the Scuttle i don't really want to remove everything and then hit problems .. i cant see as its dark already but i assume the plug in the scuttle goes to fuses ect under the dash ?

If anyone could help me there id be grateful i could do with getting it removed and selling the mega-jolt get some cash back

Also i have bought a mega-squirt 2 v3 ecu .. It came with a loom that plugs in the ecu one end and the other end is uncut and labled up for sensors ect

I have read alot on the mega-squirt site but not alot sank in ( i just am hopeless with electrics !!!!!!!)

Basically my engines not in as im waiting on a sump but if someone could help me install as much as possible without for some beer tokens it would be appreciated

I know an electrician who was going to help but since i mentioned ecu hes not so keen !!

Ryan

austin man - 19/11/11 at 06:14 PM

The loom will be going into the edis unit if it is an early megajolt

grassracer - 19/11/11 at 06:16 PM

Can't help but might be interested in the Megajolt when you do get it off!

monck - 19/11/11 at 07:41 PM

Austin man its a its a Chester sport cars MJL V3 igniton

rdodger - 20/11/11 at 04:52 PM

Is Telford too far?

Dale at http://baileyperformance.co.uk/ is very good.

monck - 11/12/11 at 07:10 PM

I have heard of Bailey performance i will be taking my car there to get roaded when im done

i was hoping someone local would pop down shed some light on in talk me threw it chack the diagrams i have got are right ect im happy to bung them some beer tokens for doing so ......

Ryan