Board logo

Receipt for unfinished kit car
theduck - 24/11/11 at 11:02 AM

I'm picking up an unfinished kit tomorrow and just realised I will probably need specific things in the receipt. I won't be having the donors v5 as I won't be going through iva and so don't want the hassle of having to sorn a none existent car every 12 months. WhT do I need in way of things like chassis and engine numbers on the receipt?

I have no reason to think I'll have any problems with the seller but want to cover myself just in case.

MakeEverything - 24/11/11 at 11:11 AM

Just ask him to put the chassis number, registration and engine number on the receipt, and maybe even the V5 reference number.

theduck - 24/11/11 at 11:49 AM

Cheers Richard.

Anyone know where the chassis number is on an s7?

Ben_Copeland - 24/11/11 at 05:41 PM

Just ask him. Be in the engine bay if it's got one. Might not as it's unfinished.

Not Anumber - 28/12/11 at 05:47 PM

This has got me thinking- If someone were to buy a part built kit car and the receipt were to include the words ' chassis and parts supplied to build new vehicle' and very little else would this be sufficient proof to register the finished car with a current registration. E.g the receipt appeared to cover all parts except the engine which would be treated as the single allowable major refurbished component ?

Ben_Copeland - 28/12/11 at 06:03 PM

No the DVLA arent that stupid

ReMan - 28/12/11 at 06:29 PM

You must be one of them?

Not Anumber - 28/12/11 at 06:50 PM

worth a try though ?

Ben_Copeland - 28/12/11 at 06:54 PM

No you'll just cause yourself more work when you have to convince them your not trying to pull a fast one