Board logo

It's tough out there!
JeffHs - 11/12/11 at 11:16 PM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011/dec/09/christmas-presents-money-no-object

Why bother building your own?

jollygreengiant - 11/12/11 at 11:27 PM

Pah....... I recon that you could build one of those for as little as £250.

craig1410 - 11/12/11 at 11:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
Pah....... I recon that you could build one of those for as little as £250.

What are you talking about, it's about 1/4 scale so £62.50 should be plenty!

trikerneil - 12/12/11 at 06:18 AM

How about a Veyron? LINKY

Almost makes me want to be five again.

Neil

Macbeast - 12/12/11 at 09:51 AM

The Guardian obviously thinks that the peasants in Essex are all on the dole -

" It's not just the rich; a couple from Chelmsford told me they had taken their seven-year-old daughter out of school to visit the famous Christmas Grotto."

Peteff - 12/12/11 at 10:01 AM

Those doll houses are similar to what my wife does, I think a few might be going missing Nearly all her furniture is home made and the houses are built at home as well. I get volunteered for a lot of wood butchering Doll houses link click on the webshots at the top.

[Edited on 12/12/11 by Peteff]

stevegough - 12/12/11 at 02:42 PM

That's brilliant! What little Johnny really needs this christmas!

Quoting from the write-up:

"But while most children will be grappling with Lego and Harry Potter plastic come 25 December, a handful will have parents who have forked out £9,995 at Harrods for a hand-built Mini Seven car. With a top speed of 19mph, the miniature car, powered by a small petrol engine, is proportionally accurate to the real thing and has to be specially ordered. There's room for a passenger, too, and as an extra touch the happy couple can have their names hand-embroidered on the seat backs (the display model has "Freddie" and "Grace"."

Confused but excited. - 12/12/11 at 03:59 PM

If that's "proportionally accurate", then I've got no worries after all.

[Edited on 12/12/11 by Confused but excited.]

RK - 12/12/11 at 07:23 PM

Most children of course, will not be grappling with Lego or anything, but will be talking to their "friends" on F### book and MSN. But it is a nice idea.

Ninehigh - 15/12/11 at 09:37 PM

F that for £10k I'll get a full sized one and the lad can shout "faster faster!" at me from the passenger seat (like he normally does )