Board logo

Mildly excited - Bodywork Ordered
TimC - 22/12/11 at 04:24 PM

I've just had confirmation that my bodywork is due to be made in mid-Jan.

It might actually start looking like a car rather than a climbing frame which is good.

clanger - 22/12/11 at 06:33 PM

just checked the blog................looking good, nice chassis all your own work ?

even nicer workshop...............loads-a-room

TimC - 23/12/11 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by clanger
just checked the blog................looking good, nice chassis all your own work ?

Absolutely not - Lightweight (mostly 18g) chassis from Autotune which has then been measured and analysed by Track Developments who've then changed all the front suspension pick-ups, fabricated new front wishbones and will also be sorting the ARBs etc.

clanger - 23/12/11 at 02:24 PM

nice..............

unusual choice of car ? don't see many around ?

TimC - 23/12/11 at 08:39 PM

It surely is a bit rare. I fell for the authentic 60s styling and had a few relevant parts already. Then Dave Beddows of this parish offered me an unstarted chassis with a sensible saving over the factory. The rest as they say is history.

The car has some good, if slightly aged, racing pedigree and I have no doubt that Autotune know what they are doing. The mods have been to turn a road car into a ground-skimming racer. Proof in eating etc - although I'm 100% sure that even the standard car would not have been the limiting factor in the partnership!

TimC - 27/2/12 at 08:21 AM

and arrived....

Only pic I managed to take:

fesycresy - 27/2/12 at 11:00 AM

Have a look on the cobra forums, they are the masters at removing flash lines.

TimC - 27/2/12 at 11:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by fesycresy
Have a look on the cobra forums, they are the masters at removing flash lines.

I might not bother - Sod's law says that someone will stall on the grid of my first race and I'll smash into the back of them.

I'll be upset enough without thinking about the wasted days filing, sanding and polishing.