Board logo

Hire me your kit car (June)
jossey - 26/1/12 at 07:14 PM

Right here is the deal I've found a hire company that will hire me a caterham for £300 for the weekend inc insurance is anyone interested in hiring me there's for a bit less I'll get the fully comp insurance etc.

Need it for le mans.

Any offers :-)

I'll leave u with my bimmer and passport as deposit, my new bimmer should be delivered by then.

[Edited on 26/1/12 by jossey]

adrianreeve - 26/1/12 at 07:26 PM

Won't you need your passport to get to Le Mans?

Cheers

Adrian

bob tatt - 26/1/12 at 07:35 PM

Might consider the bimmer for the weekend and depending on the look of the mrs maybe leave her as well
Obviously pics required

RK - 26/1/12 at 08:04 PM

maybe he's not going back. France is nice.

Ninehigh - 26/1/12 at 08:12 PM

Maybe he'll have to give some proof it's "his" new bimmer

Are you racing it at lemans? Would you need sponsorship by Larsen's biscuits and Peniston Oils?

(First question is serious though...)

matty h - 26/1/12 at 08:20 PM

You may have more chance of getting a lift over with someone, rather than taking there car.
Matty

Jon Ison - 26/1/12 at 08:30 PM

To be honest that's a good deal you got there, watch the French fuzz though, they get keener every year and not unknown for them to confiscate your car on the spot they will be out in droves one weekend in June.

jossey - 26/1/12 at 08:52 PM

Good point about the passport.

The bimmer people can borrow it will be a new 5 series.

Want my own car as I'll take my dad with me.

Don't has I worry about police as I'll be driving slow. My dad is a bad passenger. Plus there is a convoy of camper vans lol

More than welcome to use the car but the mrs well I can't loan her out. God knows I've tried lol.

Hiring off ere is only a thought as I don't mind paying 300 quid but I want locosters to gain from my cash :-) xxxx

ashg - 26/1/12 at 10:36 PM

a lot of us have built our own cars with blood, sweat and tears. even though you would be insured and £300 is a fair price for hire of a car. i think most of us wouldn't be able to watch someone else drive off in our cars out of the country. Even though your insured the heart ache of something you have put so much work into getting destroyed just isn't worth the risk for £300. yes the insurance would replace my car if you crashed it but it wouldn't be the car i built.

i built my car from a pile of steel on the floor and i think a lot of the guys that have done that will have the same sentiments as i.

[Edited on 26/1/2012 by ashg]

The Venom Project - 26/1/12 at 11:17 PM

I won't let anyone apart from RTR and my best mate drive mine, I cannot see anyone who has a built a car from scratch lending it out...

£300 for hiring one sounds cheap, spend your money.....

blakep82 - 26/1/12 at 11:28 PM

and erm, why do you NEED one?
if your car isn't ready, either get it ready, or go again in it when it is ready!

kinda confused by why you NEED one

jossey - 27/1/12 at 07:29 AM

I thought most people wouldn't wanna lend it out. Hence why I'd looked at a proper hire. My thought was for people who maybe selling up etc.

I need one cos there is a group of us going and I want somert special better than my 5 series bimmer..,

My car won't be ready for then well not iva'd

Any who it was just a query and as people have said I wouldn't hire mine our either but if I was selling up I wouldn't mind.

ashg - 27/1/12 at 08:25 AM

anyone that refers to a bmw as a bimmer isnt aloud to drive my car

jossey - 27/1/12 at 08:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ashg

Lol

foskid - 27/1/12 at 10:44 AM

You can hire my MK for free, if you can finish it and iva it time.

ashg - 27/1/12 at 11:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jossey
quote:
Originally posted by ashg

Lol

ceebmoj - 27/1/12 at 12:13 PM

A couple of things to bare in mind, when I looked at weakened 7 hire. The included mileage would not get me to Le mans and added to the cost significantly. does the weakened hire insurgence include cover for Europe.

mad4x4 - 27/1/12 at 12:16 PM

Elaine (my partner of 7 Years )still hasn't been allowed to drive mine... it's not the Money it is the heartache if anything were to happen to it.

Guess alot of people who built there cars will have this attitude

roadrunner - 27/1/12 at 12:35 PM

You could borrow mine David, but you will have to power it Fred Flinstone style as the engine aint in yet.

jossey - 27/1/12 at 01:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
You could borrow mine David, but you will have to power it Fred Flinstone style as the engine aint in yet.

I'll stick my zzr1100 in it it's on a cradle lol