Board logo

First run after engine conversion
lewis - 1/2/12 at 05:33 PM

I taxed the Indy this morning and took it for a shakedown run after replacing my pinto with a blacktop zetec,a few little issues like the clutch needs adjusting as the bite point is right at the end of the travel & seem to be getting a smell of unburnt fuel when I give it the beans (zx6r carbs) but really pleased with it for a first run,no issues with the coolant system so just put some miles on it and see how it goes.

MsD - 1/2/12 at 05:37 PM

This'll be my next move when its eventuallyon the road in Pinto spec!
Nice to hear its all going well with out many issues, but....

... Video

lewis - 1/2/12 at 05:43 PM

Here you go first start video :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEIjtjHHFM4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Coopz - 1/2/12 at 05:57 PM

Must feel good to get her back on the road... You sir, must also be a much braver man than I am, Must of been freezing out there today!

SALAD - 1/2/12 at 05:58 PM

I do like first start videos.....but how did you get Wayne Rooney to come round?!

PAUL FISHER - 1/2/12 at 06:12 PM

Looks a very tidy install

lewis - 1/2/12 at 06:21 PM

It was bloody freezing but had a lid on so only my hands were cold

Salad up yours

clanger - 1/2/12 at 08:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lewis
seem to be getting a smell of unburnt fuel when I give it the beans (zx6r carbs

check the inlet cam timing ????
had a similar prob with a silvertop / carb setup a few years back..........inlet cam pulley had slipped a few degrees

lewis - 1/2/12 at 09:17 PM

Thanks for the info,I'm pretty sure it's to do with my carbs not being set up quite right but can't adjust the air flow as one of the screws is rounded off and stuck tight! might have to get another set of carbs.

wylliezx9r - 1/2/12 at 09:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SALAD
I do like first start videos.....but how did you get Wayne Rooney to come round?!

Lol......last time I saw Rooney he was driving a Bentley