Board logo

First drive!!!
MsD - 6/2/12 at 08:17 PM

Just had my first drive of the 7!
It was only reversing 5m into the garage but to say im happy is an understatement.

I shorted a wire out on the chassis which smoked like a bugger then melted some of the loom and then decided to spill 2litres of petrol all over the garage floor.. but overlookinng that it went well!

Im afraid theres no video of the momentous occasion- but i have a (phone!) pic from a month back to keep you all amused.....

[img][/img]

welderman - 6/2/12 at 08:21 PM

Well done fella. When's my passenger ride

daniel mason - 6/2/12 at 08:30 PM

looking good mate! get a video done for us all

nick205 - 6/2/12 at 09:09 PM

Cracking! I remember that feeling very well of the first time it moves under it's own power, it turns it from a collection of parts into a real car

whitestu - 6/2/12 at 09:31 PM

Well done!

You have to watch out for bare wires when part way through a build! Its easily done to short something out and makes a big mess.

stu

Coopz - 6/2/12 at 09:50 PM

Feels good right great motivaton, Congratulations Your garage looks mahussive and well kitted out, just a tad jealous

stevegough - 7/2/12 at 05:58 AM

Well done - get it finished then you can join the PASA idiots as we carve up the countryside around the Trough of Bowland etc.

But be careful - ! electrical short + petrol leak is not a great combination!!

[ By the way, PASA = Preston and Surrounding Areas ]

MsD - 7/2/12 at 07:06 PM

Joe- as soon as its on the road your more than welcome to have a passenger ride... doubt itll be as fast as that turbo monster your currently on with!

Lesson learnt with regards to safety though! Too easily done..

Cheers guys, it is an awesome feeling! Next milestone on the road legally?

Steve- Ive had past experiences with the PASA lot and cant wait to join them ! Does this make me a lunatic?

cheers, Mark.

MsD - 7/2/12 at 07:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Coopz
Feels good right great motivaton, Congratulations Your garage looks mahussive and well kitted out, just a tad jealous

Its not my garage im afraid! I should be so lucky.. This was at the local college whilst a few of the lectures where helping me with the dark art of electrical wiring!

This is my work area- small but just about pleasant to work in!

whitestu - 8/2/12 at 08:27 AM

Is that a Suziki A100 tucked away in the corner?

MsD - 25/2/12 at 09:05 PM

Thats a Suzuki B120 (not far off).... Out of all the bikes in my garage you picked that one

Video coming up when I get round to editing it!