Board logo

Another Hello
Minotto - 9/2/12 at 04:16 PM

Hi guys,

New to this forum and thought I'd introduce myself.

After having built a couple of Subaru-powered aircraft, I'm having a go at building a car. The idea is to build something that loosely resembles the 1955 Ferrari 860 Monza. (Certainly NOT a replica though).

CrMo chassis (round tube, 25mm and 40 mm around the occupants), carbon fibre body (putting my aircraft building skills to use), BMW M3 engine (S50B32), gearbox and diff.

I've started on the frame, have the body more or less done in Solidworks, to be milled out of foam to start a male mould. Working on the suspension design now (posted some questions on this already).

This forum seems like a great place to hang out. Looking forward to some great discussions.

Cheers,

Hans
The Netherlands

scootz - 9/2/12 at 04:31 PM

I like your style!

tegwin - 9/2/12 at 04:38 PM

That sounds like an awsome project! Would love to see some pics (of the car and the planes :-)

Coopz - 9/2/12 at 04:59 PM

Welcome, You have a very accomplished CV Building a car will be a doddle! Make sure you keep us updated with Pics

Minotto - 9/2/12 at 05:36 PM

Thanks guys,

Nothing much to post on the car yet, other than a few photoshops and solidworks drawings.

Some of the plane stuff is here: www.lufthans.nl. Heavily outdated, but should give an idea

I've done the plane building semi-professionally for some time. (no longer - there are easier ways to make a living )

And Coopz: designing and scratch building will never be a doodle . I find it quite an interesting and fun challenge...

[Edited on 9/2/12 by Minotto]

Nickp - 9/2/12 at 05:47 PM

Cool, I'll have this one please

http://www.lufthans.nl/t51.jpg

inkafone - 9/2/12 at 06:49 PM

SAMMIO SPYDER