Board logo

Liam, what happened to your build?
sebastiaan - 6/4/12 at 09:53 AM

Right, I thought of doing this over U2U, bit other folks might be interested as well.

Back in "the old days", Liam was building a 4WD honda powered locost, the one with the spider brace over the engine. I remember it being a really nice build and have just looked at the pics in Liam's archive, but there does not have seem to be a lot of progress over the last few years. So what's happened? I would love to see this car finished and on the road!

James - 6/4/12 at 10:13 AM

Good post!

Come on Liam, 'fess up, what you been up to?

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 6/4/12 by James]

OX - 6/4/12 at 11:20 AM

I searched for that the other day to see if there had been any updates

sebastiaan - 7/4/12 at 10:53 AM

Ah, so it isn't just me....

w.olly - 8/4/12 at 12:04 PM

I have also U2U`d him and no reply yet, come on Liam i need info mate, or it will have to be a Standard Locost build for me

Liam - 9/4/12 at 04:03 PM

Wow a thread about me!! Hi folks,

Well, the project has sadly been pretty much mothballed for a good few years now whilst various things have happenned in my life. These include 'proper' job, courtship, marriage, house renovation, new job and move to london, and last year a move to Norway where I am now!

Totally not given up or gotten rid of it - it's sitting in my parents shed. Once I've settled down I'll finish it, but I may be a couple more years in Norway and likely wont bring it here. It's a little frustrating since it's so close to completion, but I'm just too busy right now. When I get back onto it I'll be doing a few things differently which were dictated back then by low budget as I'll have a bit more spare cash - one will be a more interesting engine than the old Honda, but definately sticking with the 4WD.

Cheers,

Liam

OX - 10/4/12 at 03:55 PM

Well at least you're still alive

I popped over to Norway in February just gone .Friends live at Trondheim so stayed there and then drove to Oppdal for a weeks snowboarding . Friends kept telling me how warm it was and that they'd never seen it this warm for the time of year in there lifetime . Still got chance to do a bit of snow bathing at -15c (sauna for 30 mins and then play into the snow for a few minutes and then back in the sauna ) .

Good luck with what ever you're doing and hope to see an update in the future then !