Board logo

First Start in the garage...
AntonUK - 8/7/12 at 01:15 PM

Im at the point of which I can try and start the car, but i cant roll it out onto the drive as the suspension is in bits...

Any tips or suggestions to how I can start it up safely?

Exhaust is side exit and currently points towards the side door of the garage..

I was thinking of some of that aluminium convoluted vent tube stuff and pipe it to outside?

or should I stop being impatient and wait?

madteg - 8/7/12 at 01:19 PM

I use standard flexie ducting, ok as long as you dont run engine for hours

tomgregory2000 - 8/7/12 at 01:38 PM

Just open the doors up and fire it up

Simple

40inches - 8/7/12 at 02:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomgregory2000
Just open the doors up and fire it up

Simple

Spot on

AntonUK - 8/7/12 at 02:36 PM

so i'm just being a fanny then... time to wake up the neighbours....

matt_gsxr - 8/7/12 at 03:36 PM

vacuum cleaner outside with hose next to exhaust inside.

Or just open all the doors and don't run for too long.

wilkingj - 8/7/12 at 04:18 PM

Just open the doors and run it.

Dont run it for too long, and swith off quick and vacate the garage of you even start to feel a bit odd.

Finally... We want to see a Video, its obligatory for the first start.

Have fun, but stay safe..

Ohh. Have a fire extinguisher handy, just in case. (You should have one in the garage as standard)

Better safe than sorry.

Autosri - 8/7/12 at 04:41 PM

i just use one of those bathroom extractors with some flexi ducting outside works fine and you can run it for as long as you want

rusty nuts - 8/7/12 at 05:29 PM

I would probably just open the doors but you should push it outside , you only have one life.

AntonUK - 8/7/12 at 08:58 PM

Unfortunately it never happened today... I ran out of fuel hose at 4:15 so could not pop out for anymore.

Also spotted I had missed piping up the map sensor DOH!

More ££ and another wait.

I did get some ali ducting 3m for 6quid from b&q... we shall see later in the week if it works.

Agreed Video is a must

AntonUK - 11/7/12 at 10:29 PM

Well I attempted to start the Ginetta tonight...
I managed a couple of pops and bangs and a nice flaming backfire... but no starty...
First issue was the fuel feed/return was the wrong way round which was an easy fix (apart from the inability to de-pressurise the system, covering the bulkhead in fuel)
It seemed to like more cranking PW but time and battery beat me...

Whilst sitting at home I have thought some about some possibilities that are not allowing a startup. First being the a coil wired backwards or maybe trim pot settings on the ms board.

But I have written a spanking new map file from more research on the web so there is no fudging (previous tinkering etc) it seems my 'req_fuel' was possibly too low which was why increasing the cranking PW was showing some improvements. Also found that i should be using alpha-n not map for both ign and inj due to poor vacume with the GSXR TB's... lots learned tonight but proof will be on friday