Board logo

Track day fun. do I miss t he kit car?
smart51 - 4/8/12 at 04:10 PM

Just home from a track day at Mallory Park, and much fun was had. The Suzuki handles the course nicely though a little more power would have been nice. Hitting 85 at the end of the pit lane instead of 120 isn't as much of a thrill. 80 round gerrards was an adventure where the kit felt completely planted. At times like these I do miss the seven. On the other hand, nothing broke. No oil was consumed, nothing needed to be tweaked or adjusted and I got home again with no new noises, shakes or rattles to worry about. And when it rained, I didn't get wet. At times like these, I don't miss it quite so much.

RK - 4/8/12 at 05:20 PM

There is something to be said for showing up, checking fluid levels, checking air pressures, and getting on with it. The kit car is a bit more labour intensive, but perhaps a bit more on the edge when driving.

smart51 - 4/8/12 at 07:00 PM

And here's a pic

Mallory Park
Mallory Park

vanepico - 4/8/12 at 07:17 PM

I thought you were talking about a suzuki bike, I got confused when you said it wasn't 'planted'

Chippy - 4/8/12 at 09:54 PM

Ahh! Little Suzi Capo, always fancied one of those, turbo 3 pot and highly tuneable. Cheers Ray

jaik - 4/8/12 at 10:57 PM

My Cappuccino was the most "fun" car I've ever owned. Every drive was a little event, yet it was perfectly usable as a daily driver. Superb engine too.

Nick DV - 4/8/12 at 11:19 PM

Add a bike engine and you could have the best of both worlds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNgfUxbyNUU

Cheers, Nick