Board logo

my old car....
franky - 23/8/12 at 09:00 PM

Is now being used as intended it seems. My buyer bought it to make a few quid(looks like he did).

Sounds great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qphZabz0e5s

rodgling - 23/8/12 at 09:16 PM

Nice, he's getting 1.3 g through the corners which is pretty impressive.

franky - 23/8/12 at 09:21 PM

it looks too composed, needs another 200bhp

loggyboy - 24/8/12 at 04:11 PM

Hes looks very cramped and far forward in that!

franky - 24/8/12 at 04:18 PM

its not short on space so must just be how he likes to sit.

sdh2903 - 24/8/12 at 04:27 PM

You miss it?

franky - 24/8/12 at 05:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
You miss it?

I don't £16,000 miss it, if that makes sense?

bi22le - 24/8/12 at 05:07 PM

Whats the red light that keeps coming up on the right hand side of the stack dash?

franky - 24/8/12 at 05:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Whats the red light that keeps coming up on the right hand side of the stack dash?

Its an alarm light, it'll say on the dash too. Its for the oil temp. I set it low just for safety's sake. He's getting 97deg C which is bang on spec. I'm happy with how stable oil pressure and temp along with fuel pressure remains around the track. Lots more data that he's not showing too.

Simon - 24/8/12 at 06:26 PM

Where's the "ooo, that's got a big heavy straight six BMW engine in in so it must handle crap" brigade gone

ATB

Simon

franky - 24/8/12 at 08:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Where's the "ooo, that's got a big heavy straight six BMW engine in in so it must handle crap" brigade gone

ATB

Simon

Luckily its a little nippy in a straight line

Hugh_ - 24/8/12 at 08:58 PM

Sounds fabulous

sdh2903 - 24/8/12 at 10:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by franky
quote:
You miss it?

Yep makes perfect sense. If you don't mind me asking did you make money on it selling it at that price? (just tell me to bugger off of I'm being too nosey!)

Might have a stab at m3 power one day when I'm bored of the hairdryer. Love to use the e46 engine in either another gkd or dax there new car looks sweet.

rodgling - 24/8/12 at 10:31 PM

quote:
Might have a stab at m3 power one day when I'm bored of the hairdryer. Love to use the e46 engine in either another gkd or dax there new car looks sweet.

I wouldn't bother with the E46, E36 M3 makes very nearly as much power and you don't have the hassle of drive-by-wire throttle and other more complicated electrickery.

skydivepaul - 24/8/12 at 10:35 PM

that is a quick car!

looks like he was having fun too

D Beddows - 24/8/12 at 10:54 PM

quote:

ATB

Simon

If it was designed to have a straight 6 BMW engine in it there's no problem That was quite impressive tbh! quick as f*ck but it almost looked boring though........?

franky - 25/8/12 at 07:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
quote:

ATB

Simon

If it was designed to have a straight 6 BMW engine in it there's no problem That was quite impressive tbh! quick as f*ck but it almost looked boring though........?

It was his first outing, hes smooth and not using all the throttle/revs and the cars been setup decently. it looks like its doing what he wants....

franky - 25/8/12 at 10:14 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by franky
quote:
You miss it?

Yep makes perfect sense. If you don't mind me asking did you make money on it selling it at that price? (just tell me to bugger off of I'm being too nosey!)

Winter project then? How is the new car?

To be honest I spent a lot of cash on the car, I wasn't out of pocket

sdh2903 - 25/8/12 at 10:24 AM

Car is great, although I have a mild dose of post build blues!

Weather has been poo so I've only racked up 200 miles or so but apart from an issue with a shock leaking it's been faultless. Still getting used to all the fun beginning at 6000 revs. In the next couple of weeks the cat is coming off and it's going on the rollers to get it setup properly and see what the hair dryer is kicking out. I have some issues with the bonnet paint being crap but that can wait til the winter.

franky - 25/8/12 at 10:54 AM

quote:
Car is great, although I have a mild dose of post build blues!

Weather has been poo so I've only racked up 200 miles or so but apart from an issue with a shock leaking it's been faultless. Still getting used to all the fun beginning at 6000 revs. In the next couple of weeks the cat is coming off and it's going on the rollers to get it setup properly and see what the hair dryer is kicking out. I have some issues with the bonnet paint being crap but that can wait til the winter.

Post build blues is bad, I had that, that's why I was after a new project.