Board logo

2cv weirdness at Donington
JC - 3/9/12 at 06:48 PM

Hi all. There was a rather nice (imho) 2cv based car at Donington with a weird hinged roof mechanism. It was next to the Razor but when I was there, no one knew what it was!!! Anyone know any more???

HowardB - 3/9/12 at 06:54 PM

did you take any pictures?

Or was it this weird 2cv-ness

[Edited on 3/9/12 by HowardB]

JC - 3/9/12 at 07:30 PM

Aha, that's the one!!!

femster87 - 3/9/12 at 07:43 PM

I saw that. I would love one

fishywick - 3/9/12 at 07:45 PM

Linky......

2CV Thingy

TheGiantTribble - 3/9/12 at 09:02 PM

mmmmm I rather like that

myke pocock - 3/9/12 at 09:25 PM

Now THATS a retro 7 if ever I saw one. Looks almost spot on to me even with 2CV power.

PLEASE develop it with another chassis and power plant though and I bet you have some serious sales potential there. Imagine that one scaring the shits out of you at megga speed. OOOHHHH NIIICEEE!

[Edited on 3/9/12 by myke pocock]

splitrivet - 3/9/12 at 11:37 PM

Saw that myself and thought it cool, power to weight would be pretty good with a 2cv unit with bike carbs, better with motoguzzi engine though which is an easy swap.
Cheers.
Bob

whitestu - 4/9/12 at 07:11 AM

That just needs a GSA 1.3 flat 4 motor dropping in!

A bit like this, though this is a 1015!

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[Edited on 4/9/12 by whitestu]

adithorp - 4/9/12 at 08:12 AM

I liked it. Love the way the exhaust forms the trim between side panel and bonnet and the up-swept tail pipes. Does the roof hinge forward to get in? Think it'd need a 'Guzzi transplant though; 2CV sound track wouldn't cut it.

Gemini - 4/9/12 at 02:08 PM

Hi i had a look and apparently the roof folds backwards under the seats. Thought it was brilliant. But only a concept although was a mention on the plaque that it had been bought by (i think ) a europen crowd to develop and productionise.

fishywick - 4/9/12 at 02:49 PM

If you follow my link from page 1, go to 'links' then 'dealers', there are pics of the roof stowage.
Looks very ingenious, not sure how it works in practice.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 4/9/12 at 04:21 PM

I saw that liked the look of it didnt see the roof being moved sounds very clever maybe better chassis and powerplant would be a good car to put to the market,as the razor is could be tempted by one of thoses as well !