Board logo

Northwest newbie with MK Indy Blade
daveb83 - 11/9/12 at 09:32 AM

Hi everyone, my name is Dave and i come from Preston, Lancashire, but spend quite a lot of time at the gf's on Buckshaw Village, near Chorley.

A couple of months ago after years of looking, I got myself a little project / toy, an MK Indy Blade, fully road legal already but in need of a few bits and pieces doing to it to 'tidy it up', most of which ive now done, but im sure i will never actually be done with it as will always find something to play about with.

I will one day build a kit from scratch its just have a garage to work in, a car port and cover is enough for a build car for now...

welderman - 11/9/12 at 10:33 AM

Welcome to the mad house as they say, there are a fair few kit's in your area, im currently finishing off another build.

FFTS live on Buckshaw and has a kit

look out for Northwest drives out and hopefully PASA if i can get my car finnished

cerbera - 11/9/12 at 11:07 AM

Hi there and welcome.

There's a few of us on here from Preston and the surrounding areas. Like already has been said, keep an eye out for ride outs on the forum. They are usually last minute affairs so we can judge whether the weather will be any good.

You don't work at Warton by any chance?

daveb83 - 11/9/12 at 11:28 AM

thanks guys, il try and keep an eye out for ride outs etc

i do work a warton, i take it you work here aswell and saw the car a few weeks / months ago when i drove it in on the one fine day of the year

cerbera - 11/9/12 at 11:31 AM

I do work at Warton, and did see an Indy Blade one day parked at the far side of 5 hanger.
It looked a nice example

daveb83 - 11/9/12 at 11:35 AM

haha yeah thats me baby, i work in 5 hangar

daveb83 - 11/9/12 at 11:40 AM

thanks for the compliment

mitch2b - 11/9/12 at 03:46 PM

another here for Buckshaw, i had until recently a hood, but now got a libra, hoods only gone to astley so should be up for runs out soon,

someone around here building a cobra too, and theres a black and orange westie around here,

Mitch

daveb83 - 11/9/12 at 04:24 PM

awesome, il have to keep my eyes open for you all