Board logo

Can anyone help
T Lewin - 29/5/13 at 02:01 PM

Trying to find information on a orange 1600 xflow kit car it's picture is in chris Gibbs build your own sports car page 128 I have tried Haynes they have no details.
Cheers

Stot - 29/5/13 at 03:22 PM

As it happens, it was for sale on ebay last month. lotus 7 replica | eBay

Cheers
Stot

[Edited on 29/5/13 by Stot]

T Lewin - 29/5/13 at 03:56 PM

Wow great spot do you no any more I will try and find out if the seller built the car

Thanks

DavidM - 29/5/13 at 06:55 PM

That car is also shown on page 182 of Ron Champion's 2nd edition book, pictured at Stoneleigh which date it to pre 2000 when that book was published. I've seen it at a number of shows over the years as it was a regular attendee, being road registered and all that.

It's odd that the ebay advert says it needs an SVA test for road use. Its almost as if something else might be driving around on its V5 now.

Stot - 29/5/13 at 07:28 PM

It does say in the ebay ad it was trailered to shows so its possible it wasn't actually road registered?

Cheers
Stot

DavidM - 29/5/13 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stot
It does say in the ebay ad it was trailered to shows so its possible it wasn't actually road registered?

Cheers
Stot

Its wearing a tax disc in the Ron Champion book.

It also appears in a number of articles in the Locost Car Club newsletters from 2000-2001. At that time it was road registered. It was built by someone called Ray Hudson. It has his phone number too, it's a Chesterfield number.

Why the interest?

David

T Lewin - 29/5/13 at 08:00 PM

Stunning do you no the lottery numbers for next week.
Is it possible to email me the articles and the telephone number if poss email Paul1264@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers

DavidM - 29/5/13 at 08:05 PM

You wouldn't want me going through your bins.

David