Board logo

am i dreaming
brookie - 10/9/13 at 01:29 PM

right I got around 8k,but what am wanting may be out off my price range.am looking for a mk Indy r,mnr,mac1 car as new as possible but would like the mk Indy r the most. I used to have the old type mk indy with the 919 blade what a beast it was but I did have a few problems with it so I think for know I will keep away from the bec and go for a cec but am wanting one with a round 300bhp per tone so what my chances

snapper - 10/9/13 at 01:56 PM

A good Zetec engine may get close to 175bhp and that's about the power you want
Duratec engine will cost more Pinto less
Torque is important as CEC will weigh probably 75 to 100Kg more than a BEC

mcerd1 - 10/9/13 at 02:00 PM

so your looking for around 150 to 225 bhp I guess (assuming a 500 to 750kg car)
easy done with a BEC, but I'd think you'd need to spend a little to get the same power to weight with a CEC (at least there won't be lots of second hand ones around to chose from on your budget)

I guess a V8 with a little bit of tune could fit the bill, but it would be a totally different animal to the BEC you had before - all torque and no rev's

but there are lots of cheaper second hand cars around with pinto's, CVH's etc. (1.6/1.8 pinto's don't hold much value )
if you got one of these you could have a few thousand leftover to fit whatever engine you like

[Edited on 10/9/2013 by mcerd1]

brookie - 10/9/13 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snapper
A good Zetec engine may get close to 175bhp and that's about the power you want
Duratec engine will cost more Pinto less
Torque is important as CEC will weigh probably 75 to 100Kg more than a BEC

the BEC was not very good off the line it took so much to get off the line but when u got it going it went lol

brookie - 10/9/13 at 02:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
so your looking for around 150 to 225 bhp I guess (assuming a 500 to 750kg car)
easy done with a BEC, but I'd think you'd need to spend a little to get the same power to weight with a CEC (at least there won't be lots of second hand ones around to chose from on your budget)

I guess a V8 with a little bit of tune could fit the bill, but it would be a totally different animal to the BEC you had before - all torque and no rev's

but there are lots of cheaper second hand cars around with pinto's, CVH's etc. (1.6/1.8 pinto's don't hold much value )
if you got one of these you could have a few thousand leftover to fit whatever engine you like

[Edited on 10/9/2013 by mcerd1]

I don't want one to do I want one already done lol

[Edited on 10/9/13 by brookie]

femster87 - 10/9/13 at 02:27 PM

I have a R6 with 202bhp. Ex-racer so not the tidiest. But it does go

brookie - 10/9/13 at 05:29 PM

hope u don't mind me doing this, but I've just been offered this but the problem is I don't now anything about the mk midi so any info would be good

2013 mk midi zx10r kit car

adithorp - 10/9/13 at 06:46 PM

Keep in mind it's an MK Engineering product and not MK SportsCars. From what I've seen of it at shows, you can't fault Martin Keenans engineering and design (apart from it looking like a Riot clone). Those who've driven one speak highly of it.

brookie - 10/9/13 at 07:18 PM

I've been on there website and cant find any info

40inches - 11/9/13 at 09:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by brookie
I've been on there website and cant find any info

For the MK Midi? Here

brookie - 11/9/13 at 04:59 PM

look fine to me,are the zx10 engine any good do they have any problems it a 2006 engine

Krismc - 11/9/13 at 05:19 PM

MK midi....phaa....... now oooo this is just what you are looking for. higher spec, higher performance, higher finish and newer.......

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/34/viewthread.php?tid=183908

Yes its built and owned by me, but its perfect if you can stretch that 8k a little also available with finance & delivery at a possibility.

Kris

[Edited on 11/9/13 by Krismc]

[Edited on 11/9/13 by Krismc]

brookie - 11/9/13 at 06:16 PM

how do u make out your cars newer buddy

Krismc - 11/9/13 at 07:00 PM

Because I can stick any plate you want on it......I have a black marker pen

brookie - 12/9/13 at 06:46 PM

well look like am going to look at the mk midi,is there any thing I should be looking for, any advice would be good.