Board logo

Exhaust clamp size?
corrado vr6 - 22/1/14 at 08:37 PM

Hi there,

I'm after to know what size exhaust clamp I should buy for my Mk exhaust silencer join, I know the I'd of the silencer is 50mm but unsure what size clamp range I should buy?

I like this style as it looks like it will clamp nice and evenly
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=271326260811

Thanks in advance
Greg

serieslandy - 22/1/14 at 09:17 PM

As it's 50mm I'd, add the wall thickness x 2 so about (1.5wallx2) =53mm so go for the 51-55mm clamp. Those are much better than the u bolt ones.

[Edited on 22/1/14 by serieslandy]

corrado vr6 - 22/1/14 at 11:29 PM

Cracking thanks, I've ordered some

serieslandy - 23/1/14 at 12:20 AM

How are you getting on towards your retest (I'm guessing it unfortunately hasn't passed yet)?
We're Southampton a bit picky as I'm going to use there and have made an obvious extension on the front indicators
We're your seats ok? (I'm sure u have cobra 7s)
Cheers, Steve.

corrado vr6 - 24/1/14 at 10:46 PM

Hi Steve

Unfortunately it still hasn't passed I have my 3rd test next Friday 31st, my examiner seems to be very picky and from what I've heard from others when being there very rude and a bit of a knob, however some of the things that its failed on are fair enough ie emissions and noise, however there are other areas that he is just in the wrong according to the manual and views on here, but as its failed on the other two its just easier to try and comply to his rules than fight them.
The worst so far has been, he won't except the area behind the steering wheel should be an exclusion zone but he's still testing it for radius'

I don't think my examiner has much love for kit cars or cars, on my return for my 2nd test only 3 weeks after my first he said he couldn't even remember me or the car, I just don't get good vibes when I'm there especially after comparing it to others you read on here where they feel their tester has been freindly and helpful towards them

I hope that helps

serieslandy - 24/1/14 at 11:05 PM

Best of luck for next Friday.hopefully you will be fine and you pass on emissions and noise.
I can't believe he didn't remember your car, the seats and dash really stand out.

02GF74 - 5/2/14 at 09:24 PM

I seem to recall when I had my SVA that you have the right to appeal if you fell the tester did not compy to the regs.