Board logo

Kit ETA end of feb..
prawnabie - 25/1/14 at 09:35 AM

Hi everyone,

After a couple of months of looking at MNR's Roadrunners and other MX5 based kits, I have gone and ordered a Westfield! The price really won it as they were doing £1000 off the first 10 kits in Jan and Roadrunners basic kit with bodywork was coming in at 5400 + Vat!!!! I really liked the MNR but I will be doing a lot of european driving in it so it really has got to have a roof + screen!

Im in the process of stripping the donor down now and should be finished this weekend, so when the kit arrives at the end of the month I will be starting a build diary.

Thanks

Shaun

INDY BIRD - 25/1/14 at 10:06 AM

Probably a good choice as a road car you can get everything for a Westfield,

Also retention of value will be better than the other kit cars mentioned,

Good luck with the build they go together pretty easy the westies,

So I expect it completed in about 1 month

Cheers
Sean

adithorp - 25/1/14 at 10:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie
Hi everyone,

After a couple of months of looking at MNR's Roadrunners and other MX5 based kits, I have gone and ordered a Westfield! The price really won it as they were doing £1000 off the first 10 kits in Jan and Roadrunners basic kit with bodywork was coming in at 5400 + Vat!!!! I really liked the MNR but I will be doing a lot of european driving in it so it really has got to have a roof + screen!

Im in the process of stripping the donor down now and should be finished this weekend, so when the kit arrives at the end of the month I will be starting a build diary.

Thanks

Shaun

Nice one. The last westie build blog I looked at (a fair while ago) the kit arrived 1/2 built.

fesycresy - 25/1/14 at 01:05 PM

I'm building a Westfield now and the welding on my chassis is better than anything else I've seen.

Mine was an ex demo chassis, so I'm not sure if they took more time over it, but my old MAC#1 and for that matter all the other kits I've worked on wouldn't compare.

StevieB - 25/1/14 at 02:13 PM

I've done an Indy before and now have a Westy - as said, the quality of parts and fabrication is much better.

Plus, there's loads of off the shelf upgrades around so gthey can be made very 'touring' and equally very 'race' with little effort (but admittedly probably more money).