Board logo

Obtaining Electrical Bits off the shelf
AntonUK - 11/11/14 at 07:31 PM

I'm currently on a week off from work, and using the time to put some spanner time in to the car.

Current job is the dash and have this afternoon annoyingly ran out of the un-insulated (f type) spade crimps.

Like this...

Maplin only seem to do the 6.3mm type... any ideas where I can get some tomorrow so save having to wait for some mail order...

Quinten - 11/11/14 at 07:38 PM

CEF maybe?

If you'd posted this morning I'd have recommended CPC who (normally) delivers next day... They did for my tiny order of electrical stuff...

ceebmoj - 11/11/14 at 07:45 PM

RS , if you have one local.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/?cm_mmc=UK-PPC-0914-_-google-_-0_RS_Components_Head_Terms-_-RS_Components_Only_r+s+components_E&gclid=CjwKEAiAhIejBRCK m_fTxIWyyXcSJABXY0XYki3sentcX-E7DVolGlTJWynrSoeYBqdfl4u8xQP3txoCHcDw_wcB

bi22le - 11/11/14 at 08:11 PM

Try your local auto electrician. We used to sell bits like this. They were our shops stock used for installs but used to jist do 10 for a £1. Quite often had to count out crimps, cable and other consumables.

trextr7monkey - 11/11/14 at 08:44 PM

We buy stuff for work fro Rapid and so long as it is in stock it arrives next day- the clue is in their name if they haven't got what we need we use a local systems and control electrical firm- they build switch panels and control boxes for factories etc and they have their own on sit stores operation. Yellow pages or the digital version is your friend
Atb
Mike