Board logo

Race car is born
Dangle_kt - 25/8/07 at 03:17 PM

On discovery turbo all day - programs start again at approx 9pm tonight, so you could set your recorder for them all - seems to be about 15 programs.

thouight i'd let you all know - though you might have seen it before - its a westfield, but still, good to watch!

worX - 25/8/07 at 07:05 PM

The trackday one is good, you see the Original BEC MK Indy in all it's reddish colours, and you also see a guy called Kevin in an Indy Blackbird. In the episode after that you also get to see the lad who is one of the SVA Testers at Shropshire, a top bloke, but for the life of me can't remember his name! He is standing on a bank watching the racing!

Steve

Dangle_kt - 25/8/07 at 08:16 PM

just watched the entire series one after the other.

My eyes hurt.

Enjoyed it though!

Can't wait to get my hands on mine now!

damien - 28/8/07 at 03:35 PM

he makes the build seem so easy.....

Macbeast - 28/8/07 at 04:12 PM

It was the overnight backup team that made it look easy

Remember when he built a helicopter in a few half-hour episodes that previous builders said would take 5 years ?

That said, I enjoy the programmes and the Cobra one got me started where I'm going.

Dangle_kt - 28/8/07 at 05:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
It was the overnight backup team that made it look easy

Remember when he built a helicopter in a few half-hour episodes that previous builders said would take 5 years ?

That said, I enjoy the programmes and the Cobra one got me started where I'm going.

Same here, didn't know about his westfield build - it was the cobra one that sparked my interest!

damien - 29/8/07 at 06:45 AM

is it worth me getting the cobra one on dvd even tho ive got no intrest in building one?

ive got the westfield one afew weeks ago off ebay.

Macbeast - 29/8/07 at 08:19 AM

As far as I remember, the Cobra one has a bit more on stripping and renovating Sierra parts. The Westfield one is a build from all new.

It's also got fast driving techniques at Knock Hill

PS - where in Kent are you ?

[Edited on 29/8/07 by Macbeast]

damien - 29/8/07 at 05:14 PM

quote:
As far as I remember, the Cobra one has a bit more on stripping and renovating Sierra parts. The Westfield one is a build from all new.

[Edited on 29/8/07 by Macbeast]

that sounds more my type of thing, alot more lo-cost than the westy build.

im in hawkinge (folkestone)

Macbeast - 29/8/07 at 09:24 PM

Locost ? Well up to a point. As far as I remember he refurbs a lot of the running gear etc but eventually chucks away the engine in favour of a huge Chevvy beast

Anyway. it's probably worth getting the DVD.

I remember Hawkinge - there's an RAF themed pub with WW2 photos etc. I'm frequently in Maidstone which is why I asked.

Cheers

martyn_16v - 29/8/07 at 10:17 PM

The DVD's are fairly reasonably priced off his website,and they come signed too

damien - 30/8/07 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Locost ? Well up to a point. As far as I remember he refurbs a lot of the running gear etc but eventually chucks away the engine in favour of a huge Chevvy beast

Anyway. it's probably worth getting the DVD.

I remember Hawkinge - there's an RAF themed pub with WW2 photos etc. I'm frequently in Maidstone which is why I asked.

Cheers

noticed your building/got a gts, how did you find them? did you go up there and order/pick up your kit or was it a "over the phone"/ delivery jobby?
i only ask as they are only 30mins down the road so it would make my life easyer

damien - 30/8/07 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by martyn_16v
The DVD's are fairly reasonably priced off his website,and they come signed too

any idea on the webbie address?

martyn_16v - 30/8/07 at 05:15 PM

Clicky

Macbeast - 30/8/07 at 07:43 PM

Damien

You have U2U

Cheers

damien - 31/8/07 at 05:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by martyn_16v
Clicky

what no "pug 205" wheeler dealer

Russ-Turner - 31/8/07 at 07:30 PM

What series did they run this 'race car' in?

Dangle_kt - 31/8/07 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Russ-Turner
What series did they run this 'race car' in?

I believe it was a special westfield race series... sorry i can't be more specific! Maybe someone with the DVD can flick to the correct chapter and confirm?

damien - 1/9/07 at 05:54 AM

it doesnt say, just had the racing bit on in the background and he only said that its the westfield club race

Macbeast - 2/9/07 at 06:02 AM

Says Westfield Championship. Meeting was in France - Tournai ?

damien - 2/9/07 at 09:17 AM

just a thought but at one point im sure he shows the camera his "laptimes", would it not say on that sheet?