Board logo

Kit Car Crisis - ON NOW
Dangle_kt - 15/10/07 at 06:16 PM

Tv show on for next hour on Disc t-rex or whatever it is...

got to go its starting!

fesycresy - 15/10/07 at 06:31 PM

Obviously never seen the program before

caber - 15/10/07 at 06:54 PM

Good grief! I have enough of my own not to mention the ones on here!

Caber

David Jenkins - 15/10/07 at 07:11 PM

I've re-watched a bit of those programmes, armed with some of the comments made on this forum, made by people who've either met the bloke, or knew of him, or a friend of a friend knew him, etc...

He was stitched up and made to look stupid, IMHO.

If you ignore what's being said and just watch the production, you'll see significant differences in the way each character is presented: experts, 'good guys' and 'wise people' are shown relaxed and in laid-back poses, and generally appear as intelligent. The hero of the show is always shown full-face with a slightly wide-angle lens (unflattering), talking directly to the camera, like someone whingeing on Big Brother.

Standing back, it does look like the production intentionally makes the bloke look stupid, or reinforces any silliness in what he does, rather than concentrating on a novice trying his best to do a good job.

I'll now go and put my soap-box away...

[Edited on 15/10/07 by David Jenkins]

Dangle_kt - 15/10/07 at 07:12 PM

well I enjoyed it.

Guy seems a bit of a moaner, but just nice to see someone else doing it.

flange nut - 15/10/07 at 08:51 PM

I think the chassis designer didn't come out of this to well either. Especially as the suspension brackets broke off the chassis while someone was jumping up and down on it. Then the tubes holding the chain driven diff bent during the first track test session. Although I will say in defence that the chassis had to be hastily redesigned to take the diff.

Jon Ison - 15/10/07 at 09:07 PM

But guys, Wait for the best bit........

Think I crept onto two episodes, the pre season testing Mallory and the race at Mallory to.

I bought the bodywork off the guy after the build ended in tears, whatever your impressions of the guy he was stitched up a tad.

Peteff - 15/10/07 at 09:21 PM

We will make a drama out of a crisis

TimC - 15/10/07 at 09:24 PM

His biggest problem seemed to be that he didn't do his research properly.

Can you imagine the car he could have built if he'd used his budget on another Fury!?

Dangle_kt - 15/10/07 at 10:13 PM

thanks for ruining the series guys... I aint flippin seen it!!!

VinceGledhill - 15/10/07 at 10:37 PM

Is that the one where he builds it in a shed then can't get it out without a crane to lift it over the house.

What a knob.

RK - 15/10/07 at 11:00 PM

Anybody who tries to build a car like this is going to be either a moaner or on very strong drugs, who doesn't care. It turns people into small children I swear!

And no, haven't seen it since it's not on in NA...

David Jenkins - 16/10/07 at 07:59 AM

What boggled my mind is that he already owned a decent kit car - it was something like a Fury or similar. If he hadn't been involved with the film producers he would have been better off converting that to a bike engine and spending a whole season hooning around the race track at the back of the pack, learning the ropes.

But that wouldn't have made good TV, would it...

[Edited on 17/10/07 by David Jenkins]

damien - 17/10/07 at 02:30 AM

does anyone know if you can get it on dvd? i was watching someof it but fell asleep when the add came on (ive had a long day)

RK - 17/10/07 at 11:48 AM

Yes, good idea!