Board logo

picking this up at the weekend
andrew.boyle - 7/11/07 at 11:00 PM

hi guys ,

ive been to the bank ive got the money and im borrowing a trailer to go and pick up this part finished westfield at the weekend ! so strand by for lots of silly questions lol

got some holes in the bodywork as its had a couple of different engines its got lots of stufff with it and im sure some of you will have seen the PH add

but the guy is holding it for me till sunday and im planning on picking up on saturday

worX - 7/11/07 at 11:15 PM

You've done very well there!

All the best,

Steve

hobbsy - 7/11/07 at 11:31 PM

I know its not going anywhere on them at the moment but the front wheels are on backwards tread pattern wise

Good luck with the project anyway! Seems like a bargain!

Asterix - 7/11/07 at 11:36 PM

How much did you pay?

It's been regged, that means it's been sva'd, so must've been fully built before and then stripped...did the seller give any history?

Good luck.

andrew.boyle - 7/11/07 at 11:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hobbsy
I know its not going anywhere on them at the moment but the front wheels are on backwards tread pattern wise

Good luck with the project anyway! Seems like a bargain!

hehe theres also a bleeping great hole int he bonnet lol wheels and tyres will probs go up for sale to raise funds

stevebubs - 8/11/07 at 01:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Asterix
How much did you pay?

It's been regged, that means it's been sva'd, so must've been fully built before and then stripped...did the seller give any history?

Good luck.

If you read the PH add, the bodywork is not original to chassis.....

carlgeldard - 8/11/07 at 07:50 AM

Well done!!!!!

Carl

speedyxjs - 8/11/07 at 08:22 AM

Nice one

MikeRJ - 8/11/07 at 08:41 AM

What are you plans for the engine and box then?

andrew.boyle - 8/11/07 at 08:55 AM

type 9 and a pinto probably maybe an xflow but i want it to be quick and to get 150bhp from a pinto is alot cheaper then getting it from an xflow so im not sure

one of these though because i know alot fo ford guys who will be able to give me a hand and i dont really want a bike engine lol

Paul TigerB6 - 8/11/07 at 09:45 AM

I wouldnt dismiss a Zetec if you are looking for 150bhp or so. If you can sort out the sump cheaply enough a standard tune 2.0l zetec with bike carbs and megajolt will give you all the power you are looking for and then some with loads of scope for more in the future and may not be any dearer than a rebuilt Pinto

DarrenW - 8/11/07 at 10:41 AM

Nice project. I like the styling of Westfields.

If i was building again and wanted Ford power id go straight for a zetec over the Pinto. Now ive got Pinto i plan to keep it for simplicity but for you id seriously consider Zetec.

Looking at bodywork again you can see its just plonked on. Shame the arches are part of the tub. A new body on it would of course make it look like a new car and be very smart.

[Edited on 8/11/07 by DarrenW]

andrew.boyle - 8/11/07 at 10:46 AM

the reason im leaning towards pinto is ive already got most of the bits and just need to find a 2.1 bottom end and a zorst manifold and im done ...

ive got a head on the way big valve ported polished fr32 cam alll new everythign cost over 600 and im getting it for 250 ive got a dgas jetted for a 2.0 in the garage already and i know what im doing with it ...

iank - 8/11/07 at 11:59 AM

Check the V5 carefully to make sure it's legit, other than that it looks like a good place to start from, especially as you won't need to worry about SVA.

Paul TigerB6 - 8/11/07 at 12:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrew.boyle
the reason im leaning towards pinto is ive already got most of the bits and just need to find a 2.1 bottom end and a zorst manifold and im done ...

ive got a head on the way big valve ported polished fr32 cam alll new everythign cost over 600 and im getting it for 250 ive got a dgas jetted for a 2.0 in the garage already and i know what im doing with it ...

This may be worth keeping an eye on if you fancy building the bottom end yourself as the basis for a rebore - its got the required 205 block, and has a spare gearbox thrown in.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Pinto-%2F-205-block-%2F-with-gearbox_W0QQitemZ330185234399QQcmdZViewItem

[Edited on 8/11/07 by Paul TigerB6]