Board logo

Does anyone have these seats? Any good?
Mark G - 13/1/08 at 07:13 PM

I like the look of these seats, Does anyone have them in their car?

Also can anyone see any reason they wouldn't fit in an indy?

Do the seats have to be marked to pass an SVA test, Would they be ok for motorsport or do seats need to be FIA approved?

Click me

Thanks,
Mark.

[Edited on 13/1/08 by Mark G]

kev R1 - 13/1/08 at 07:19 PM

ahh same as mine!

roadrunner - 13/1/08 at 07:19 PM

Is iy just me or the wine.

ahh same as mine!

ahh same as mine!

roadrunner - 13/1/08 at 07:19 PM

Is it just me or the wine.

Mark G - 13/1/08 at 07:20 PM

Would you all recommend them?

Dangle_kt - 13/1/08 at 07:22 PM

what seats? ? ?

Cant see a link or picture.

coozer - 13/1/08 at 07:25 PM

No picture, what are they?

roadrunner - 13/1/08 at 07:25 PM

It's not me or the wine, must be the lack of linky.

Paul TigerB6 - 13/1/08 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
what seats? ? ?

Cant see a link or picture.

The invisible seats of course!! Bet they are light though, weightless even!!

Mark G - 13/1/08 at 07:29 PM

Ah, nuts. I thought I posted the link. Up it goes...

Click Me

ch1ll1 - 13/1/08 at 07:29 PM

have some better ones !

Paul TigerB6 - 13/1/08 at 07:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chris mason
i've got some of those for sale, send me £100 and your email address, and i'll email them back to you

no postage or anything

Chris

I've got a pair too but mine are dearer so send me £150 instead. I'll even throw in some invisible point harnesses as well (but wont guarantee that you will survive in a crash so dont come and haunt me ok!!)

scotty g - 13/1/08 at 07:33 PM

They're good seats and reasonably well priced too.
Have em i say!

Mark G - 13/1/08 at 07:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chris mason
if there going in an Indy, then you'll struggle to do better than buy the mk ones

Chris

Only problem is that the MK seats are twice the price...

Richard Quinn - 13/1/08 at 07:41 PM

i've got a pair of their base mount seats on order and should be picking them up this week. I hope they're ok

Triton - 13/1/08 at 07:46 PM

Take your pick....

MarkImage deleted by owner

Mark G - 13/1/08 at 07:50 PM

What seats are they?

Hellfire - 13/1/08 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mark G

So the MK seats are £350 a pair??

Phil

Paul TigerB6 - 13/1/08 at 07:52 PM

quote:
What seats are they?

The ones he makes!! Have a look in his photo archive for more pics. I really like the pads (neoprene??) and when i eventually build my car will be looking to fit them.

Mark G - 13/1/08 at 07:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
quote:

So the MK seats are £350 a pair??

Phil

The mk seats are £123 each plus £63 for runners so all together come to over £300

Hellfire - 13/1/08 at 07:56 PM

You've still got to buy the runners for the other seats though...... Although I'm not sure the ones on e-bay can be fitted with runners without a lot of hassle.

Phil

[Edited on 13-1-08 by Hellfire]

Mark G - 13/1/08 at 08:01 PM

Looks like the Ebay ones only mount solid to the body, but I'm not too worried about that bacause I'll be the only one driving the car.

I'm guessing the MK seats need runners to be mounted, Don't know how they'll fit otherwise?

PAUL FISHER - 13/1/08 at 08:17 PM

Those seats are not double skinned like the mk ones,you pay for what you get.
The mk ones also have mountings built into the base,which makes fitting simple,I have mounted mine fixed to the floor,with no runners,also I think you may find those seats are a bit two wide for the Indy

mark.s - 13/1/08 at 09:02 PM

Go for the MK one's...wish i had,
they will fit
they are strong
they do them in differant colours
and there NOT £350

bracey - 13/1/08 at 09:44 PM

mk ones ,great seats

scotty g - 14/1/08 at 08:14 AM

Rally design are planning on doing these MK type seats later this year, should be cheaper than most others.

procomp - 14/1/08 at 09:57 AM

Hi if the cars being used for motorsport You did say in the original post.

You will find that a £60 proper foam seat offers much more support than any of the fibreglass ones. And the foam seats are a perfect fit to the car and you are a perfect fit to the seat. And weight wise come in at 3.5 kg.

Just taking the light weight carbon seat out of the car i am racing this year as it weighs in at 5 kg with its mountings

Cheers Matt

mad gaz - 14/1/08 at 10:57 AM

use the MK seat mark in kawasaki green with carbon tops and black backs a perfect match for your car.KOOL AS

Triton - 15/1/08 at 08:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi if the cars being used for motorsport You did say in the original post.

You will find that a £60 proper foam seat offers much more support than any of the fibreglass ones. And the foam seats are a perfect fit to the car and you are a perfect fit to the seat. And weight wise come in at 3.5 kg.

Just taking the light weight carbon seat out of the car i am racing this year as it weighs in at 5 kg with its mountings

Cheers Matt

Not exactly light then...ours are 4.5 kgs and can be fitted direct to the floor and fibreglass double skinned jobbies with no flexing...indeed you get what you pay for but things can be a tad over priced...we make and sell our own seats from a rough n ready workshop in Cornwall so keep prices "Locost". Tried carbon but waste of time as daft money and never really any good unless pre preg and auto claved....who would be mad enough to pay a grand for a seat anyway!!!

We have 5 versions of the smoothy seat and then there is the wizardy hat type...(was available from Raldes but that's another story.......)

Cheers,
Mark

Triton - 16/1/08 at 08:56 AM

High sided smoothy's,Low sided smoothy's, low back smoothy's are £95.00 each or £180.00 per pair. The wide beasts are both £105.00 each or £200 per pair...and all shine like shiney things and no flex.
All can be mounted direct to the floor or fitted to seat runners.
Made to order but now doing them every day Monday to Friday we are making in roads to turning orders round real quick...Saturdays are my playing days or will never get the "mad beast" done but folk are welcome to visit if they don't mind the smell of resin and the odd bit of organised chaos....

Cheers, Mark

Mark G - 16/1/08 at 09:38 PM

Where abouts in Cornwall are you? I'd like to sit in the seats ideally?

Also IF I wanted to use runners which runners do I need to fit your seats?

procomp - 17/1/08 at 08:37 AM

Hi yes but your seats offer no support where it is needed for a competion car. Where as the proper foam jobs are a perfect fit and offer all the support you need and for £60 if we are talking LOW COST.

However i know there will be some proper carbon seats available for less than £150 by the middle of 2008. And the tillett ones are not a £1000 they are more like £350 And are a little bit better than some available. TILLETT LINK

Cheers Matt

Triton - 17/1/08 at 08:56 AM

Reverie seats are a grand for carbon unless I made it up???....£350 is still mad money for a seat....
Carbon splinters when wollaped so I wouldn't fancy being sat in one...bad enough working with the stuff as the splinters are horrendous!!

Our seats have plenty of support, perhaps not as much as a custom made foam jobbie but certainly in same league as the Tillet jobbies and at half the price...

Based just outside Penryn near the looney double roundabouts on the A390.

Cheers,
Mark

procomp - 17/1/08 at 09:06 AM

Hi i no that £350 is overpriced for a proper carbon seat thats why some one is going to be doing some the same quality as the top end ones but for £150 soon.

Cheers Matt

Triton - 17/1/08 at 06:47 PM

quote:
Hi i no that £350 is overpriced for a proper carbon seat thats why some one is going to be doing some the same quality as the top end ones but for £150 soon.

Cheers Matt

Carbon Mods by any chance?..........

Mark

Mark G - 17/1/08 at 07:51 PM

That seems very cheap. I'd be worried that they're not up to the job!

Triton - 17/1/08 at 08:13 PM

A good test is to grab the seat once fitted to the car and try and twist it...some do...!
Imagine giving it the hullygully into yer fav bend and the seat flexes making it feel like you are sliding..

Mark

procomp - 18/1/08 at 02:53 PM

Hi i wont say more until the company has them available but it ain't carbon mods.

And yes they will be up to the job .

Cheers Matt

Triton - 18/1/08 at 09:10 PM

quote:
Hi i wont say more until the company has them available but it ain't carbon mods.

And yes they will be up to the job .

Cheers Matt

Tickety boo...
Mark