Board logo

Need a favour...
David Jenkins - 15/1/08 at 08:17 PM

I need someone with a Weber 32/36 DGV down-draft carb that still has its auto-choke attached to do a bit of measuring please!

Could you tell me the diameter of the inlet and outlet pipes?

cheers,
David

RichardK - 15/1/08 at 08:39 PM

The water pipes? Haven't got the carb but when I converted to a manual choke for some reason kept the bits I removed, can do it it the morning mate.

Rich

[Edited on 15/1/08 by RichardK]

David Jenkins - 15/1/08 at 09:50 PM

Cheers!

(I thought I'd kept mine, but they're nowhere to be seen...)

RichardK - 15/1/08 at 10:25 PM

Here you go mate. Both ends the same.

Anything else just U2U

Rich

[Edited on 15/1/08 by RichardK]

David Jenkins - 15/1/08 at 10:33 PM

Excellent - cheers!

This solves my problem of trying to locate a pair of 90-degree bends in 16mm rubber hose. There's a short length of pipe that goes from the auto-choke to the inlet manifold - 2 sharp bends with a short straight bit in-between!

RichardK - 15/1/08 at 10:43 PM

So what happened to the bike carb conversion then?

I've just bought some cbr600 carbs, same as yours so have been following your work.

Cheers

Rich

David Jenkins - 16/1/08 at 08:53 AM

See my U2U and my web page!

I need two 90-degree bends in 5/16" id rubber tube, and I'm too poor/tight/mean to buy silicone rubber ones. These will form the pipework between the water pump and the inlet manifold spigot when combined with a bit of copper pipe and some solder bends.

If I can get one of these choke water tubes I have the 2 bends I require! (Visiting my local Partco on Saturday morning)

02GF74 - 16/1/08 at 09:49 AM

dunno if it helps but the rover v8 (P5/6/SD1) has small elongated S-shaped pipes between the inlet manifold and water pump.

there may be enough angle/length for your application; otherwise it is looking trhough the boxes.

it is unlikley the place will stock these parts.

if I remember and if you want, I'll take a look at some old ones I have and photo/dimension for you.

David Jenkins - 16/1/08 at 10:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
it is unlikley the place will stock these parts.

I've been regularly amazed at what Partco stock, or can get from another branch within a couple of days.

I've bought single x-flow gaskets that cost a Pound or two, and they're happy to ship them from 50 miles away...