Board logo

Oil breather filter
David Jenkins - 20/1/08 at 03:48 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a filter like RazMan's got here?

PICCY LINK

I'm looking for something 'el cheapo' - it doesn't need to be anything special. I had a look on Google and Ebay - they only have car modders' bling stuff at stupid prices.

[Edited on 20/1/08 by David Jenkins]

bob - 20/1/08 at 03:51 PM

I will try and find where mine came from (ebay shop with telephone number so no need to go through the bay of E)

blakep82 - 20/1/08 at 03:52 PM

i saw some on ebay a while back for a few pounds each, can't remember what i was searching for though, but they are there!

bob - 20/1/08 at 03:55 PM

here you go david

linky

David Jenkins - 20/1/08 at 03:58 PM

That's the sort of thing I need - thanks. Obviously I didn't get the right search words!

Now I need to work out the connection diameter...

blakep82 - 20/1/08 at 04:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Now I need to work out the connection diameter...

thats what i thought! the most important dimension too!

David Jenkins - 20/1/08 at 04:26 PM

Well, that's one filter ordered!

This forum is soooo useful!

procomp - 21/1/08 at 08:08 AM

Hi best to get the ones with wire mesh internal rather than the ones with cotton type material. You can wash out the wire type but not the cotton type wich = no more breathing after a 6months.

Cheers Matt

DarrenW - 21/1/08 at 10:47 AM

I junked mine after a few months and never seen the need to refit it. Tank only ever has vapours in and once filter is gunged it spits mess out.

02GF74 - 21/1/08 at 11:27 AM

I've got one like this:

A cylindrical one will have bigger surface area than a cone type.

as DW ^^^^ says, I cannot see anything apart from water vapour coming out of the crossflow; on a RV8 there is a breather pipe on the back of the eninge that draws air in so a filter is necessary.

DarrenW - 21/1/08 at 03:50 PM

Same as mine that one - doesnt do anything imho. Im none the worse for taking it off.