Nice software to measure power
ettore bugatti - 11/2/08 at 09:41 PM

http://land.heim.at/pampa/252319/tmt/gsf_dyno.html

Excellent!

No fuzz, instant results

What more do you want?

And this is no SPAM!

Ivan - 12/2/08 at 06:54 AM

Cool software but seems to be only suited to 2-stroke engines.

I would guess that you would have to double the hp obtained for 4-strokes?

And possibly double it again if you have twin exhausts? Then you also double the problems in <50hZ range.

MikeRJ - 12/2/08 at 10:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ivan

What makes you say that? Looks very much like the older HomeDyno program which worked very well if you could find a quiet enough, flat enough and long enough road!

Ivan - 12/2/08 at 11:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:

What makes you say that? Looks very much like the older HomeDyno program which worked very well if you could find a quiet enough, flat enough and long enough road!

I say that because he mentions it on his site and if you go by sound a 2-stroke fires on each revolution whilst a 4-stroke fires every 2nd rev. So sound frequency will be very different for each type of engine. I don't see a choice of 2 or 4 stroke on his screen shots either so quess it's written only for 2-stroke.

gingerprince - 12/2/08 at 01:29 PM

quote:
I say that because he mentions it on his site and if you go by sound a 2-stroke fires on each revolution whilst a 4-stroke fires every 2nd rev. So sound frequency will be very different for each type of engine. I don't see a choice of 2 or 4 stroke on his screen shots either so quess it's written only for 2-stroke.

From the description of the parameters you can set: -

Dynamo/Mic Signals per Rotation: If you recorded the dynamo/alternator (or microphone), type in its amount waves per motor rotation. If you don't know it try some numbers until you get the right RPM range. For the microphone recordings: 2Stroke 1Cylinder: 1, 2Stroke 4Cylinder: 4, 4Stroke 4Cylinders: 2.

This will allow you to tune to whatever engine you have.

ettore bugatti - 19/2/08 at 12:27 AM

I even tried with an 1.4TDI 3 cylinder equipped car and even that worked out. (dynamo/mic signals per rotation: 4Stroke 3Cylinder:1,5)

For a low powered car you only need 200m to reach 20kmh till 70kmh (or full range of second gear) so that is not really the problem.

Ofcourse you shouldn't turn your radio on, but otherwise it is quite unsensistive for noise.
I did record sounds with my ear plugs as microphones and even then the program was able to turn out a realistic power curves.

G-tech pro, eat your heart out!

Dangle_kt - 19/2/08 at 11:22 AM

quote:

I would guess that you would have to double the hp obtained for 4-strokes?

Half it surley?