Board logo

Help with pickup and assembly.
Aico - 1/3/08 at 08:15 PM

I see a nice project car. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220207593193&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:uk
Unfortunatly it's impossible for me to pickup the car and even assembling it. Is someone in the UK willing to do this for a solid/static fee? No reserve so if the final bid is low and if I can find someone who can take care of it then I will go for it. Is this possible for 1000 Pounds?

carpmart - 1/3/08 at 08:40 PM

I think you would be lucky to get someone to do that for £3k let alone £1k! From what you can see in the pics, there looks to be a LOT of work! As for a fixed price, you couldn't tell what was missing until you started so it would be suicide for someone to commit to doing that for a fixed sum!

Just my tuppence worth!

Aboardman - 1/3/08 at 08:42 PM

if i never had my mini project in the garage i would of been tempted at that.

Aico - 1/3/08 at 08:48 PM

3K? WOW. That's what I have to give for a complete Striker. For 1K it's tempting, but 3K is not interesting anymore. Maybe someone wants to do it for fun and a little cash. If not then game-over.

DIY Si - 1/3/08 at 08:59 PM

There is quite a lot of work to do there, and to do a car like that justice it'll need doing to a high standard, which could mean anything up to 100 hours work or more! At a very cheap rate of £10 an hour, that's a £1000 before any parts are needed! To get a kit car place/company to do it would be more like £30-40 an hour. Although it looks like it could be worth a reasonable amount of money once completed.

Chippy - 1/3/08 at 11:40 PM

I think the one thing you can garantee is that it will not go for just a grand, I would not be surprised to see that sell for "up to" 4K, will put it in "watch this item" see what it sells for. The rebuild would, I think, take far more than 100 hours if you wanted to make a fair fist of the job. Nice, but no thanks. Ray

zilspeed - 2/3/08 at 09:15 AM

That's a restoration project, not an assembly project.

I'm basically doing my first ever restoration with the Sylva just now and it is as labour intensive as I suspected it would be. I don't mind that at all, but I consider my time as free, it's my hobby.

As for 100 hours, not a chance. Ever.
Not with this as the starting point.

Try 1000 hours if it's a proper job.

Aico - 2/3/08 at 10:59 AM

LOL, I thought is was already assembled before so it's easier to put everything back together. Because it's a project the final price is usually low so if it was maybe 1-2k and add like 1-2k in labour then I would have bought it.