Board logo

Fatal mistake
mark chandler - 16/3/08 at 07:13 PM

Well I dod it again, I built a megasquirt a few years ago for my v8 landrover, sold the car and kept the engine and squirt.

Made the fatal mistake of putting the megasquirt box "somewhere safe" !

Spent half the day tracking the bloody thing down.

jollygreengiant - 16/3/08 at 07:19 PM

Think of the least likely place & look there first. If its not there then you can blame me.

BTDT

t.j. - 16/3/08 at 07:27 PM

See it positive. This means you have plenty off room

iank - 16/3/08 at 07:35 PM

Strange how it's always in the last place you look

I'll get my coat

djtom - 16/3/08 at 10:53 PM

See the workbench at the back of your garage? The one with the lathe on it? It's sat in a pile of other stuff at the back right hand corner of the bench - well anyway, it was there the last time I came round!

Although believe me, I know your pain. Spent 10 min today looking for the brake pad that I'd put into my pocket to "KEEP IT SAFE"...

tom

Bob C - 16/3/08 at 11:17 PM

I have an alfa 164 balljoint "somewhere safe"
I've decided to buy another...

mark chandler - 16/3/08 at 11:22 PM

Thanks Tom

It had moved from there unfortunately but it is now in my hands again.

New loom sorted out for the blade engine, but I cannot log on to the thing now so must make uo a new serial cable but it does live as the fuel pumo light comes on fior 5 seconds.

Cheers Mark

blakep82 - 17/3/08 at 02:18 AM

now where was it when you lost it?

bloody useless question my mum always asked when i couldn't find something

gingerprince - 17/3/08 at 08:47 AM

Whenever you're looking for something - keep looking for it for a little while after you've found it. That way you dispell the theory that something is always in the last place you look, so you may have better luck next time

blakep82 - 17/3/08 at 09:45 AM

^ makes perfect sense... you never know, next time it may be in the first place you look. or at least in the 1st half of places

chrisg - 17/3/08 at 03:39 PM

Send a prayer to st anthony - he's the patron saint of "things lost"

If that doesn't work kick seven shades out of your missus, they've usually "tidied it up".

cheers

Chris

Simon - 18/3/08 at 12:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
...... they've usually "tidied it up".

cheers

Chris

How very true. My father went on holiday earlier in the year, and gave me the keys to his house and car (car was having a few scratches done).

Anyway, car painted and dropped off at his house, thought I'd hang onto keys till he got back, rather than leave through letter box.

Upon his return, I pointed out that keys were missing and that either missus or mother had tidied them away. Anyway, six weeks after he got back, missus put on a cardy, and found the keys in pocket!!!!!

Yeah, I nearly laughed

ATB

Simon