Board logo

Coo!
David Jenkins - 29/3/08 at 04:53 PM

Got fed up with not driving the car since starting to fit bike carbs so I took it out for a quick whizz, even though I haven't got an air filter yet.

My, what a nice noise it makes now! there's a nice noise from the exhaust (much like before) but an even nicer loud noise from the induction roar.

Trouble is, there's no way I can drive it more than a mile or so without a filter, and without proper tuning...

Goes awfully quick, though!

Stuart_B - 29/3/08 at 05:05 PM

It moves and makes a good noise, i call that a result.

well done.

stuart

RazMan - 29/3/08 at 05:35 PM

That's the main thing I missed when I went over to fuel injection - induction ROAR

Guinness - 29/3/08 at 05:35 PM

Well done David,

The induction roar through bike carbs is brilliant IMHO!

Mike

locoR1 - 29/3/08 at 06:20 PM

Nice one David!

That's the one thing i really miss on mine as soon as the turbo went on all that lovely induction noise disappeared

Even with the normally aspirated bike engine it never quite sounded the same as the old crossflow did on carbs

BenB - 29/3/08 at 06:32 PM

Yup. Induction roar is good.... However, why does it happen with carbs and not throttle bodies? Is it because carbs are choked to create the venturi effect that carbs rely on... If it is then you're creating a vacuum by the engine sucking harder than the choked bit of the carb can flow. Which means you're strangling the air inlet.....

Noise = turbulence = lost BHP

Maybe

I realise some of the above is not true!!