Board logo

Typical
mikeb - 6/6/08 at 09:30 PM

DarrenW - 6/6/08 at 09:32 PM

Dont worry - that happens to me too. You kick yourself for it but then realise worse things could happen.

Hope you get to sleep tonight OK.

mikeb - 6/6/08 at 09:35 PM

Was promised a bonus from my last job, would have been enough to finish my car, looks like it's not coming now!
Body work, exhaust, seats will have to wait!
My only option is to credit card it, sell teh car once complete, hopefully have made a few £ and build an another ??

On the plus side went to another of my companys sites today where they do offroad tyre testing etc. They are relocating to my site soon, when I asked questions like where's that engine dyno going, the response was we have no space, on the way out I saw the car club that is being dispanded with a mothballed sierra 4x4 sat outside! I'll be keeping my eye out! LSD diff......

indykid - 6/6/08 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mikeb
My only option is to credit card it, sell teh car once complete, hopefully have made a few £ and build an another ??

i don't think that'll ever happen with kit cars. just keep saving. at least you've not already spent the money on your credit card on the premise your bonus would be coming.

tom

big_wasa - 7/6/08 at 08:06 AM

I dont think any one makes money on building a locost ?

mikeb - 7/6/08 at 09:06 AM

yeah it was a shot in the dark.
My 1 1/2 year plan has turned into a 3 year plan!!!

indykid - 7/6/08 at 11:09 AM

i don't think anyone ever correctly estimates time taken to build a locost

at least it's not because you're waiting on suppliers. that's even more infuriating.

tom