Board logo

Need something colected near Tamworth
Jasper - 23/6/08 at 01:40 PM

I'm looking to buy a heated windscreen for the Stylus from a company near Tamworth.

He wants £47 to deliver it, most of which is packaging costs - so I can't save much by getting a courier to collect it.

So, big question, does anybody live near Tamworth and travel down to the South East at all?

It's already bloody expensive, and I'd rather not pay £47 just to get it to me!

jos - 23/6/08 at 02:21 PM

Where about's dan sarf?

I dont travel that way regularly but have family in Stevenage and will be going to central london soon too

Jasper - 23/6/08 at 02:41 PM

I'm in Brighton, but there are other locosters in West London who could pass it on at the next WLM meet up if that helps.

chrsgrain - 23/6/08 at 03:22 PM

Bear in mind that the £47 will include insurance, if someone on here takes it and drops it - there will be no come back, and you'll have to get another (expensive) screen - I think I'd just cough up....

Chris

Blue Fox - 23/6/08 at 07:04 PM

There is a bloke on ebay who does this sort of thing. I had a racing kart picked up by him when I sold it. He has got one of those big people carrier things with a big trailer on the back and drives basically circles around the country picking things up and dropping them off. Can't remember his price but it was a lot cheaper than a courier and the other advantage is if he picks it up he drops it off it never goes to a depot or anything like that. Can't remember what his name or email was now but sure you will find him on ebay. Also a very nice friendly person.

Jon Ison - 23/6/08 at 07:28 PM

Jasper, from time to time people ask us if they can arrange there own couriers, (collection in person is never a problem) and we always answer sure no problem, but the item will need packing and protecting for transit by "your" couriers to as this is included in the "packing & postage" price.

Sorry if it sounds a bit harsh, you know me well enough to no its not meant that way, I had even thought of offering to pick it up as I get down your way from time to time as you know but I didnt want the responsibility of collecting your "expensive" screen should I damage it, accidents do happen.

We break even on postage costs 99% of the time and lose a little to obscure postcodes but a sales a sale.

Jasper - 24/6/08 at 07:14 AM

Fair enough chaps, but I do posting and packing for a living too, and there's no way it costs even close to £30 to pack a screen. He must get it from the supplier packed too ......

Anyway, just found out I've got to trek up to Harrogate in three weeks time, I'm make a detour and collect it in person.