Board logo

need some turning
Miks15 - 11/7/08 at 09:22 PM

I need some steel bar turning down to make some adaptors for the transit drag link. Will need a bar about 40mm diameter with a 15mm hole through the center. It needs to be tapered if possible but if not i can do tht bit myself. I just dont have the bar and would take for ever to drill a 15mm hole thorugh it aswell.

If anyone can do this for me i can send exact dimensions required. cash waiting

Thanks

Mikkel

blakep82 - 11/7/08 at 09:46 PM

40mm diameter? seems quite big.. i know lolocost do some 25mm diameter for the transit drag link

Miks15 - 11/7/08 at 09:58 PM

ye well it was a rough guess...
i need to get the piece which i can then fabricate into my uprights. So open to any suggestions.

will get in touch with lolocost

Thanks

[Edited on 11/7/08 by Miks15]

blakep82 - 11/7/08 at 10:04 PM

ooh, i mean this lolocost
http://www.lolocost.co.uk/ASPpages/part_details.asp?PartID=28

blakep82 - 11/7/08 at 10:06 PM

no no no! ignore me...

i just realised what you mean.
like the sierra mushroom adapters, you mean...

Miks15 - 11/7/08 at 10:13 PM

ye like the mushroom adapters but i dont need the outside to be properly machined to fit and everything. i see lolocost still do them but quite expensive for what it is.

i was hoping someone on here could just drill a hole in some bar for me, and if possible taper it on the lathe aswell. the bigger the piece the better really as that just gives me more to work with.

cheers

russbost - 12/7/08 at 09:42 AM

I have circular tapers made up for the Transit drag link end for the Furore, I think they cost me about £12ea + VAT, I'd have to check price but I can do them to you at cost +postage, can send pics/dimensions if you think this may be of any use.
Russ

welderman - 12/7/08 at 09:42 AM

might have some bar at work, will look on monday for you

Nosbod - 12/7/08 at 10:25 AM

Mikkel,

Send me the drawing and ill sort them for you next week.

Chris.