Board logo

Recommendations
Lars - 2/8/08 at 05:43 PM

Just to let you guys know that I have recently fitted a rear boot cover that was purchased from a guy on ebay.
He made it to my exact measurements, and in only 2 days. Fits well and only cost £25.

Cannot find him on ebay at the moment, as he is on holiday until 4th Aug.
I think his name was milson something. (I think he may be on this forum too)

And today have fitted an imobiliser from Maplins at just £15. Easy to wire in and works well.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=219350&criteria=immobiliser&doy=2m8

(I know it says alarm, but its an immobiliser)

Hope this will help someone.
Lars

RichardK - 2/8/08 at 07:20 PM

I've got the bloke on ebay as a fav seller for when I need him, can you give me your cover makers detail so I can check that they are the same. If they are different I would much rather use somebody who has a come from a referal.

Cheers

Rich

speedyxjs - 2/8/08 at 07:26 PM

Immobiliser could be handy for my midget

Lars - 2/8/08 at 08:17 PM

The guy that did the cover has an ebay id called "mils123fishing"

This link is for one of the covers he sold, I think he normally uses the same listing, so just keep an eye open for when he relists.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270253693686&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

milson - 2/8/08 at 08:39 PM

covers back on ebay

Danozeman - 3/8/08 at 10:29 AM

quote:

· Used for cut start, engine and oil pump

Surely that should be fuel pump?

02GF74 - 3/8/08 at 11:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman
quote:

· Used for cut start, engine and oil pump

Surely that should be fuel pump?

you would have tought so but oil pump is better as it is not needed to start engine. 1/2 mile down the run the car comes to a grinding halt thus allowing the police, if they are not too busy manningspeed traps, to apprehend the thief.

Lars - 3/8/08 at 12:22 PM

just checked and the product code is definitely correct and it is an immobiliser, but my box did look different.

In my box it then suggested cutting coil, fuel pump and starter. I did as suggested except for coil, as I don't have one.

The wires are pretty thick so should be able to handle it well.

Lars

MikeLR - 4/8/08 at 09:36 AM

His name is Milson Whittington,his products are excellent.
He "frequents" the Tiger forum (Tiger Owner)

Milson.W@ntlworld.com

Regards
Mike

scotlad - 4/8/08 at 04:04 PM

I got one of his boot covers- and its brilliant!! top marks and highly recommended

RichardK - 4/8/08 at 07:43 PM

Thanks guys

Rich