Board logo

Anyone in scotland with 13 inch CXRs?
alistairolsen - 20/8/08 at 02:28 PM

Are there any owners or builders that could lend me an alloy for a couple of weeks during the winter?

In the near future I could do with a loan of a 13x6 compomotive CXR alloy in order to try and size up fitting my 4 pots under them with as big a disk as possible.

cheers

mangogrooveworkshop - 20/8/08 at 02:30 PM

athoirs is the man

zilspeed - 20/8/08 at 02:32 PM

Get yourself along to Forrestburn to the that very car this weekend.
Andy will fill you in on the details himself I'm sure.

paublo999 - 20/8/08 at 02:50 PM

where are you based... ? I know of a set that live in Montrose...

I should have a pair of 7's and 8's late September if you are to the west of the central belt...

come say hello at Forrestburn - Red Westfield Fireblade

Cheers
Paul.

alistairolsen - 20/8/08 at 02:58 PM

The car parts are in oban up the west coast, Im in glasgow during the week tho, but manic till the middle of september.

Im hoping to somehow get wilwood powerlites over a 250mm ish disk on mazda mx5 uprights and still get a 13 inch rim over them lol. just need to see how deep an offse I can get on the disk. want to use someones oe disks preferably too!

obviously having a wheel to hand to try for clearance (suitably protected) would be ideal.

Im away this weekend

paublo999 - 20/8/08 at 03:12 PM

Oban is a wee bit away from me.... but Glasgow is better... I am about 20 minutes down the M74 - do you drive down?

Can you wait until late September? The wheels I will get getting are -24 offset...

[Edited on 20/8/08 by paublo999]

alistairolsen - 20/8/08 at 03:15 PM

Im easy on the time, late september, october....

I drive down from oban aye, a wee nip down the M74 wouldnt be the end of the world.

youre getting 7 inch wide ones?

I was planning on running 6s with 185s on the front, dunno how different the internal clearance will be?

paublo999 - 20/8/08 at 03:23 PM

7's on the front and maybe 8's on the back...

just update the thread nearer the time to give me a nudge.. i will stay subscribed...

alistairolsen - 20/8/08 at 03:26 PM

cheers fella, hadnt expected anyone to be so kind!

tadltd - 20/8/08 at 05:15 PM

You should be able to get a 280mm (max) disc under them, as long as the caliper body is shallow enough to clear the remaining space between the disc and the wheel.

alistairolsen - 21/8/08 at 07:04 AM

yeah, but what one can fit under them with regards to the diameter inside the wheel rim is not the same as with regards to offset. I may have to come in a little ont he disk size in order to clear the radius where the spoked go out onto the rim and this is what i need to check.

Normally people run cortina uprights and offsets in the 20mm range, I want to use the mx5 ones and 40+mm offset!

alistairolsen - 21/8/08 at 08:27 AM

in the meantime, has anyone got a picture of the inside face of a set of these showing the above mentoned radius as the spokes join the rim itself?

cheers

paublo999 - 21/8/08 at 08:40 AM

why not get in touch with Compomotive and tell them what you are trying to do.... ?

They are bound to have drawings/specs etc....

[Edited on 21/8/08 by paublo999]