link ebay

have been looking at Sylva Stylus and Fisher Fury
whats the best and why
seems to be diffrent models what are they
had tiger with 2lt pinto
is an x flow (1600 or 1700 )going to be much slower
thanks colin

clairetoo - 4/9/08 at 06:29 PM

I faced the same question when I built my first car - and nine years later I still have my Fury
The stylus is a bit more comfortable and practical - it has a usable boot , bigger doors and a better hood - but what steered me towards the fury was the `clamshell` (?) bonnet which gives much better access to the engine etc .
And is easily replaced after a crash
Mine was certainly not slow with a crossflow either .

philw - 4/9/08 at 06:59 PM

I prefer the looks of the Stylus RT, and with a flip front there is plenty of room to access the engine http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq2B3RrJ

in fact last year i had a problem with the clutch, it only took me 1 hour 10 mins to get the front off of the car engine out and back in again and driving up the road.

matt_gsxr - 4/9/08 at 09:03 PM

stylus are much rarer.

Also when I looked they were expensive in comparison with furys.

I'm building a phoenix, because I think it is better still. It is a bit of a tight fit though.

Matt

hobbsy - 4/9/08 at 09:18 PM

If you're tall there is fractionally more room in a Fury than a Phoenix - made the difference between me fitting and not...

Jasper - 5/9/08 at 03:04 PM

I personally preferred the shape of the Stylus, and the extra creature comforts. There are a few on Pistonheads at the moment, and it's a good time to buy anything secondhand.

Check out the Stylus forum too as members cars are advertised on there and you can chat with other owners (most of whom are on here too ).

Mine is the classic shape but still has the flip front. And if you want a bargain get one with a Xflow (wont be flip front) and then if you want update the engine.

Also bear in mind Stylus as a manufacturer is not really in existance, the owner, Tim, is also completely imopssible to get hold of. But if you get a SVA car then it's not a worry, and many parts are interchangeable with a Fury.