Board logo

discovery 523 all day kitcar crisis
macspeedy - 18/10/08 at 11:50 AM

enjoy

mr henderson - 18/10/08 at 12:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by macspeedy
enjoy

Well, those of us who have access to the channel will. The rest of us (including me) will have to tough it out

John

zilspeed - 18/10/08 at 12:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mr henderson
quote:
Originally posted by macspeedy
enjoy

Well, those of us who have access to the channel will. The rest of us (including me) will have to tough it out

John

You're missing nothing.

He builds a car which is badly conceived and has power way beyond his experience and talent. He also spends far too much money and the whole experience ends badly.
Oh and he builds it in his back garden and has to get it craned over the house.

Other than that it's all good.

Jon Ison - 18/10/08 at 05:00 PM

But what about my cameo performance in a couple of episodes, how can you possibly say your missing nothing ?

Theshed - 18/10/08 at 06:33 PM

The rather nice tilton pedal box he used now resides in my car! Having met Mark and heard his tale of woe he is a very nice genuine guy. No engineer but I don't think he would claim to be.

He was completely ripped off with the chassis. The top front spring mounting tore out before the car turned a wheel.

The film was re-edited and retitled without his permission. Once the car failed to work it would sell better as a crisis!

Never seen it myself.

John

omega 24 v6 - 18/10/08 at 06:50 PM

Watched some of it today and it was interesting (to a point). It did show however that you should never take for gospel anything that a manufacturer tells you is correct (just to sell a chasssis). the shock mount coming away was attrocious (and if it had held at the time could have been lethal later.)
I felt sorry for the guy at times but he did seem to be ill prepared AND needed to do much more research before he started out. All IMHO of course.