Board logo

Cheapest way for the missus to "have a go" at a bit of motorsport
eznfrank - 15/5/09 at 09:19 AM

The missus really fancies having a go at "driving fast" and quite like sthe look of doing a bit of hill climbing. I don't fancy going through the hassle of getting her a B non-race licence, helmet, overalls etc so what are my other options.

Basically she just wants to "go fast" and see if she likes it, maybe a track day in the tintop (alfa 147 2.0)??

YQUSTA - 15/5/09 at 09:24 AM

maybe an instructed experiance?

my mates got me 1 at rockingham which was in the mini only cost about 70-80 quid its a good start if nothing else and they teach you how to drive on the track.

adithorp - 15/5/09 at 09:27 AM

Book a track day. Look out for a novices day and book instruction.

adrian

bimbleuk - 15/5/09 at 10:26 AM

Has she done Karting?

The feel of speed is just as exillerating in a Kart and can be very cheap in comparison.

[Edited on 15-5-09 by bimbleuk]

yellow melos - 15/5/09 at 11:58 AM

If she does go on on off the fun days can you remind her that there usually is not room in the back for shopping

madrallysport - 15/5/09 at 12:00 PM

Rallyschool for a day?

tendoshingan - 15/5/09 at 12:03 PM

Playstation with a steering wheel,
or for something a bit different, marikart on Wii

JimSpencer - 15/5/09 at 12:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Book a track day. Look out for a novices day and book instruction.

adrian

Seconded..
The bookatrack instructors are top notch - recommend their days at Anglesey too.

Or

Harewood do a hillclimbing school, it's in your area and you use your own car, it's all detailed on their website.

stevec - 15/5/09 at 01:49 PM

Coventry Ring Road.

iank - 15/5/09 at 02:28 PM

I'd do a harewood or prescott hillclimb day (think you can share a car and both do it - check first)

Trackday would suit someone thinking more about circuit racing, but that's always a lot more expensive than hillclimbing or sprinting (costs of fixing the almost inevitable prangs and red mist issues )

http://www.harewoodhill.co.uk/HwoodEvents/drivingschool.htm
http://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/driversschool.aspx

Vindi_andy - 15/5/09 at 02:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stevec
Coventry Ring Road.

Know what you mean steve

Redlights are only advisory in Cov arent they

Dave Ashurst - 15/5/09 at 06:45 PM

Harewood hillclimb school is the business! I highly recommend it..
I did a training day there 6weeks ago - it was excellent. U2U me for info if you like.
D

[Edited on 15/5/09 by Dave Ashurst]