Board logo

OT - Weekend in Rome, hotel recommendations?
nick205 - 2/2/11 at 07:52 PM

Planning a long weekend in Rome for SWMBO's 40th and looking for recommendations on where to stay. Not started looking into it yet, but figured some of you must have been before.

Fire away....!

Worzey - 2/2/11 at 08:12 PM

We stayed at the Majestic hotel on the Via Vittorio Veneto (opposite the Lamborghini dealership ).

Very central and walking distance to all the major attractions.

Its not cheap but is very highly recommended. We booked via Hotels.com and got this 5*+ hotel for less than a third of the normal £600 per night rate.

We flew in EasyJet and then got a Chauffer driven tour in an S class Merc to the hotel via the city sights. Worked out only slightly more expensive then the normal taxi fare. It's nice to arrive in style.

bodger - 2/2/11 at 08:36 PM

Hotel Minerva - It's our crew hotel so very good standard, It's right next to the Pantheon so very central. Not cheap either (don't know the room rates but 36 euros for breakfast) but then Rome is blooody expensive anyway & you might be able to get a B&B deal.

RK - 2/2/11 at 08:39 PM

http://www.traveleurope.it/rome/landmark/hotel+rome+termini-railway-station.php

I'll see what I can dig up where I have stayed. Small room, but very clean, secure, and all the breakie you can eat. It was near the Main Train station.

pdm - 2/2/11 at 09:06 PM

we stayed at hotel genio just off piazza navona - bit dated but clean and cheap. 5 mins from vatican and 5 mins from pantheon. 45 mins walk from rain station

stevec - 2/2/11 at 10:01 PM

Can't recomend a hotel but watch out for pickpockets on the underground and around the attractions.
Steve.

nick205 - 2/2/11 at 10:26 PM

Thanks all, some places to start looking at.

Have hear pick pockets can be an issue from others so will be on guard!

goodguydrew - 2/2/11 at 11:08 PM

We went to the hotel Boliva. Very good price. Lovely room, very central, average breakfast.
Tip: go to the wee upstairs resturant on the corner of Via St Euphemia. Very cheap, yet awsome buffet.